or Connect

Posts by Katzchen

Quote: Originally Posted by homewithtwinsmama If you read the website they do some pretty serious sleep training. Her cycle likely comes back because she is sleep training, blanket training, scheduling. I know some women just get it back early, but their methods clearly predispose her to it. My babe is nearly 13 months old demand fed, cosleeping non-paci using and still no sign of Aunt F for me!!!!!! I love AP style breastfeeding. I'm glad AP...
Quote: Originally Posted by Debstmomy That the age of entry level workers, ie Fast Food, Retail, has increased? Meaning I am noticing that more & more of these workers are older. That there are less "teenagers" filling these jobs. Makes me wonder, and sad, very sad. (Wonder, what happened? Why do you need this job? (I know what happened, just their personal stories.) and sad, because I am sure that this is not where they want to be, but HAVE to do...
My advice would be don't waste money on a Britax seat if you have tall/ long legged children and you want to ERF. My son is 39" tall and all leg and is to the point that he does complain about his legs/hips hurting while rear facing in his Britax Marathon if we are in the car for more than ten minutes. We have a True Fit in my husband's car and he has so much more leg room and never complains about his legs or hips hurting (if only it were compatible with my car RFing it...
Well, we're on a quarter system, so I just finished Winter Quarter and Spring Quarter starts on Monday, I'm hoping to have a good quarter, but it is going to be hectic, as I am in an out of state wedding the weekend before finals week!
My parents had a similar situation me when I was a child. I have a September birthday and started Kindergarden at age 4. In between 1st and second grades we moved to a district that not only had a July 1st cutoff for Kindergarten, but pushed reading faster than my old district did. I was in second grade for 6 weeks and struggled with reading the whole time. I also struggled socially since I was 2 months to over a year younger than every single one of my classmates. My...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdeg We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Complete and give him 1 tsp/day. It's the adult version... we had no clue there was a child one (which is just half the adult one, different flavor and same price The adult flavor is actually easier to hide). What do you hide it in? I would love to find a way to get my almost 3 year old to take his fish oil without a fight
No daycare use here due to flip flop parenting, but when my now three year old was two he probably only needed 2 diaper changes during the time period you mentioned (and we used cloth with no covers most of the time). He would get up for the day around 6:30a, soak a diaper right around 7:00a, be dry until he soaked another diaper around noon and then hold it again until 4:00p or so... you get the pattern. We really only went through 5-6 prefolds with doublers in a 24...
I'll join you. I'm about to start my 4th quarter of a 14 quarter part time Master of Social Work program.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinoikoi I am a teacher. I have a good friend with a master's in social work.. she makes WAY more than me and her employer is paying back her loans for her.. she got a sweet deal.. She probably makes twice your figure stated above.. Good for her. But I can tell you that that kind of deal really doesn't exist around here for non administrative social workers. My practicum site offered to hire me once I graduate and...
Quote: Originally Posted by sanguine_speed This is a good point. I am a professional social worker. Where I live, it is against the law to use the title "social worker" without holding a degree from an accredited university and registering with a professional college. An undergraduate degree in social work is a 4-year full-time degree, and for one year of that at my school I had to do field placements where not only was I not paid, I had to pay several...