or Connect

Posts by aloha girl

Quote: Originally Posted by savithny I don't believe children are inherently good. I don't believe children are inherently evil. I think all children, from the moment of their birth, are looking to the adults around them, studying them to learn what is appropriate behavior for the culture into which they have been born. Babies as young as MINUTES old will mimic adult facial expressions. You cannot just leave children alone, give them no...
Quote: Originally Posted by April Dawn I was just rereading this thread and this jumped out at me. I don't think it's fair to assume that mom was micromanaging. For all you know, her 2.5 year old is currently having a problem with biting suddenly and with no warning. He would be the right age for that. And I'd certainly thank a mother who knew her child wasn't good with babies for staying on top of the situation. Yes, this! My son is totally...
For me, I think this whole argument/discussion depends on the temperament of the child involved. Parents who pooh pooh the idea of too much parental involvement have kids who are naturally outgoing or a bit agressive. My child is very shy, and pushed around sometimes by other kids because of his passive temperament, so I do tend to hover rather than just leaving him to fend for himself all the time. I too am tired of parents who DON"T watch their kids, because usually...
Hi Mamas, A few days ago I posted that my next door neighbor was having pesticide work done, it turns out that they are having their house tented for a couple of days for termites!!!! This will happen next week I am 6 weeks pregnant, and even though we are next door, should I stay away for the day that they do it. If we lived near my family, I would stay away a couple of weeks but we don't. What would you do? I feel really terrible about this. I've heard the first...
Quote: Originally Posted by karmab i worked in labor and delivery at a hospital that did 6000 deliveries a year for 3 years. i never saw a mom come in in labor with a healthy baby to have a baby die in delivery. not once. we did reiki and mom's made their own birth plans. ex-h is an ob/gyn doing 220 deliveries a year for the 13 years we were married. he had 2 fullterm babies die in delivery during that time, both had viruses unknown until the cord...
Sending you lots of prayers and good thoughts too!!!!
Hi Mamas, I am totally freaked out... I saw a pesticide van pull into my next door neighbors driveway, and discussing stuff with my neighbor. So, I know soon they are going to get services. I don't know the date, and I don't know my neighbor, he is really unfriendly. What would you do in this case. We live in hawaii and our houses are pretty close together. My husband said if we knew the dates when they were going to do it, we could go stay in a hotel. Exposure to...
oh no! I've used Dr. Bronner's Lavender body wash every time I take a shower or bath... should I stop using that too? I'm guessing yes! so glad somebody posted about this, had no idea.
[QUOTE=Petie1104;15987812]I read one person say, "why would someone who vaxes be worried". I have to say, I wouldn't be concerned about your school aged non-vaxed child being around my school aged vaxed child. But the concern would come in when you bring your non-vaxed exposed school age child around my non-vaxed infant who isn't old enough for that vaccine. Totally agree!!!!
I absolutely think that a non vaccinating parents should be held responsible and liable if their non vaccinated child with sickness infects say a new born baby or some other kind of case like that.