or Connect

Posts by phdmama06

Hmmm...I have never liked corn flakes. I guess it was for good reason!
LOL at infant chastity belts. I definitely know what you mean - I am still super nervous when a doctor reaches for my son's diaper and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon! Luckily most of our doctors and nurses have been cool, although one pediatrician told me I needed to retract him a little to clean everyday. Sure. I have heard from other moms that their pediatricians would look at the diaper area (and even talk about retracting) when they were...
My DS has gotten all kinds of poop all over his foreskin and all over the opening (honestly don't know if any ever got inside) but has never had a UTI or a problem because of it. Usually if he has a super messy poop, I let him soak in clean water and swish it around in there to get everything off. I never, ever retract him, not even a little bit. I have always been a little nervous about what a doctor would do if my son had a suspected UTI - but have heard a lot of...
I agree with the others that you probably would want to hold off on ttc until you are able to have an open discussion about this issue. Once you get pregnant, it's still going to be there, and you will have to come to some sort of a decision - and it's probably not the kind of thing you want to be arguing about when you're recovering from childbirth! I think this is one of those situations where you shouldn't try to worry too much about the "making him feel dumb" factor...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyintx Is there anyone here that DOES agree with it? I doubt it, just putting it out there to hear maybe another side? You probably won't hear it on here - it is against the UA to advocate for (non-religious) infant circ.
A lot of people have touched on my reasons for not circumcision (and thinking RIC is an atrocity...) When I was pregnant I didn't know anything at all about circumcision except that most people - in the US anyway - seemed to do it. When we found out I was pregnant with a boy, then I started to research it, and it didn't take us long AT ALL to decide that we weren't going to be doing it to any of our sons. I didn't even have to get as far as watching a video - reading...
Wow, retract him or he'll get penile cancer?! That's a new one! : What everyone else said - RUN to find a new pediatrician, as that one seems to have NO idea about intact care!
It is such a difficult situation to deal with, and I'm sorry you are facing it. It is so awkward and painful to see my friends' (circ'ed) little boys and know the pain they put them through when they were sweet newborn babies. I have ended one friendship over it - not specifically because she circ'ed her son but because she made it into a HUGE joke and ragged on people who left their sons intact, and I just couldn't take that. However, with most of my friends who have...
Poor little boy. I know if I would have seen a boy going for a circ at any of my OB appointments, I probably would have lost it. Who knows, maybe you gave that dad something to think about. Not that it saved the little boy who was there for his circ, but maybe down the road. Sorry you had to go through that, though...
Hugs to you and your DH - I'm sorry you are going through this!