or Connect

Posts by phdmama06

I had tears in my eyes reading your story. You did a very brave thing for your little boy! I'm just so sorry that you had to go through this, and I hope your little guy heals quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by aprilv i couldn't even bring myself to watch the video. just reading about it was enough to convince me. Same here. I couldn't even bear the thought of watching it (although I did read a transcript that went along with a circ video) By that point, I had pretty much convinced myself that there was no reason to circ, but I thought that if I couldn't even watch what actually happened during a circ (because I though it...
Oh lovely, just what the world needs! And I see that they are citing the shots as a way to keep parents from taking time off work with their sick childen. Suuuuuuure. I might just have to move to that island one of these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by jwhispers Just so you're aware the first MD, the "Venerable" Dr. Schoen, a staunch circumcision advocate. There is significant history behind him and he is the primary American agitator. He is often picked up as the Pro side of these stupid articles. In addition to appearances like this he was on that Penn and Teller BS show, was kicked off the AAP circumcision task force in the 80s, has been tossed out of various European...
Quote: Originally Posted by MelissaAHM It sickens me when I hear others talk about their child's circ like its some great event. Hearing this story...was so sad - I don't see how anyone with a heart can find this funny. I know! Some parents seem to put it on the list of a baby's major (positive) life events. Yuck. I don't necessarily believe that the MIL actually got to put the plastibell ring on the baby, but I could believe her wanting...
Quote: I pretty much could have written your post before and just after my son was born. Circumcision seemed illogical and unecessary but I didn't think about it much. Since then, however, I have gotten more and more upset that it exists and the ignorance out there. I think a lot of it has to do with seeing my son being as nature intended and getting angry with those ignorant people out there who would want him hurt and cut on for no good...
Quote: Originally Posted by newmama8824 She said... "I did it because I went through childbirth, so they should have to go through something, too" Sickening. Plus, that circ'd boy might worry later because his penis doesn't look like dad's penis. Wow, was she for real? Just because mommy has to suffer (through childbirth), everyone else has to suffer too. How is that right? I think that is one of the most twisted pro-circ pieces of...
Quote: Originally Posted by jwhispers Although I don't have an answer as of yet for you I will point out the doctor you are talking about, if you read that where I think you read it, is Schoen. Always take what he says...no wait just throw it out. I am sure someone well eventually provide you the appropriate information; I'll poke around too if time permits. It was.
Quote: Originally Posted by Devaskyla It's complete bs. Ds1 had several urine samples taken as a baby & they just used the baggie. I'm sure someone posted a study fairly recently that showed a clean catch with a bag is just as good as cathing. I'm sure someone has a link to it. Thanks! I will have to search for it so I can add it to my list of links. I didn't think that doctor's opinion made much sense.
Technical question for the experts on this board! I was reading a circ debate article online with some arguments from a pro-circ medical doctor. He said one argument in favor of circ has to do with collecting urine from boys if they have a fever (to test for a UTI). He said that urine coming out of circ'ed penises is naturally sterile, so can be collected using a bag without concern of contamination. But, according to this doctor, in intact boys, bacteria under the...