or Connect

Posts by Lit Chick

OK, then I don't feel too bad about it... lol.  MIL's camera has a few extra "dummy" settings that make for better point-n-shoots without effort.  I should just read up on mine and practice more!   I did take a photo class back in high school, but it was using pinhole cameras.  Heh.  Not exactly useful....
OK, what kind of cameras do you have, esp you Mae?    My pics are OK but not THAT great. User error or just Canon fail? It might be a bit of both... my MIL's Sony def takes better pix than my PowerShot.   ROM - welcome back!  My DS2 is also cuddly and sweet and a delight to be around... not that DS1 wasn't, but DS2's personality is just mellow and joyous.  Aaaaaaannnnd, it makes me want another one just like him (except a girl, lol).    
Thanks for the replies!  I'm thinking a jogger is the way to go, and I've seen some well reviewed and reasonably priced new ones.  I'll keep an eye out for used as well - but in our area it seems like people bought the super-high end ones so even used is out of my budget! 
My two boys are probably it in terms of kids... there's a very very very slim chance for a 3rd, but I only seem to want one more when I'm ovulating, lol!  I do wear DS2 for shorter outings, but there is no way either he or I could tolerate all-day wear, esp in heat.   I was thinking of a sit&stand, but can an exhausted child nap in that?  Most of the time we'd use the stroller DS1 would probably just need some breaks, but there are 2 huge trips coming up that involve...
DS1, age 3, loves to walk but when he's done he's DONE.  The last few long walks we've taken he's taken over the DS2's stroller (7 mos). We have a few events coming up that involve many hours at once of walking.  Is my oldest too old to make a lower-end tandem worth it? Should I just get an umbrella as a back-up for him?   
I found that making my own was the best.  I'm not crafty or anything, so my layouts are basic, but I splurged on Photoshop Elements (was $99 at the time, ymmv) and printed my books out on shutterfly.  All of my pictures are digital anyway, so this saved me the printing/cutting/pasting steps.  I also snagged layouts and papers from freebie sites. This option works the best for me, because I make a giant family photo album each year, and then smaller ones for the grands...
For those that have the super-early talking - are your babies crawling?  Because my little talker has not even figured out how to get up on his knees and rock yet.  I figure he's just putting his energy into language for the moment... but wondering if any of yours are managing both.   And as far as usage goes, there is still plenty of random babble, but when he really wants something and he's not getting it, then he uses words.  Either "baba", or he'll call for a...
    Keep in mind, those shows are DRAMA, not education.  Thus, they are going to show the high-risk, the hard labors, the difficult situations.  If watching them makes you afraid of birth, then don't watch them.  Or, balance them out with real birth videos that are designed to educate, not tittilate and terrify.
My baby has also lept into language!  He's had a very few basic words for a bit now, but last night he was mad and clearly said "I want baba!"  DH and I were dumbfounded.  It makes me think that what sounds to me like "I love you" might really be it.   DS2 is such a thinker.  It's so interesting to watch how he develops and the skills he's putting his effort into.
I had 2 land-births.  DS1 I had the ring and a slight tear.  DS2 was suppsoed to be a water birth, but he came way too fast - only about 45 min of labor.  No ring, in fact a completely painless crowning and I was totally intact.  (The labor and transition was hell though!)   The difference - with #1 I had no urge to push, so I was just bearing down with all my might and trying to get it over with.  With #2, even though he came so fast it was very steady.  As soon as...