or Connect

Posts by newmum35

Yep, this. This was the reason for my original post :)  Lot of misunderstanding with some of the comments. Glad a couple people got it. No notifications sent home, either prior to testing, or, after testing. Just think that is odd.  I understand its non-invasive... totally get that. Still, it falls under medical testing, in my opinion.
Wow.. I have to say I'm somewhat surprised but I realize not everyone has a safe place or a backyard to put one that is far enough from the house. Its on page 2 "Important Safeguards" there is a link to it on the store website,    ! Do NOT operate, light or use this appliance within ten feet of walls, structures or buildings.   I believe this is the one.. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-4-Burner-Gas-Grill/31897841  (scroll down to the owners manual)   The...
 I think we did get one at spring registration, its about an inch thick, and I skimmed it at the time. I meant to read it all over the summer before K, but never did. IT was a LOT to read.. I have it here somewhere... oh well :)  I'll find it sometime and read it, for sure :) Maybe it is in there..
This is a good thread.. I'm a non drinker, I've only had wine a few times... and once DH got a bottle of wine when my son was 2 or 3 and I wondered if it would be ok to have a glass, and then worried the entire time (because I was still breastfeeding him, although not a whole lot at that point).. now I feel silly.   Has everyone seen this article? Even I was completely shocked. I can't even believe its true, if it really is true. Wow.. Is this really law in some states?...
 What state are you in?  And what is involved in the TB test?  I'm unfamiliar with that one, I did hear of it before but not quite sure what the testing involves. I'm in PA (anyone know if the TB test given in my state?)
 See the way I think, is that vision & hearing testing is not "educational" but "medical" and so I am thinking when I send my kid to school they are there to be "learning" and not having medical procedures done (however non-invasive those are) unless I was notified and have approved it. I totally get that hearing/vision are crucial to learning, so having that be state mandated, is not a problem.. I agree with it.. I just don't understand why only the dental/physical papers...
Wait,  TB  ?  What is this? Something else schools are doing? in which grade? (mine is in K) They did send home consent papers about the dental exam, and the physical.  I don't recall others for any other testing.
Yeah, my concern wasn't so much about the actual testing, I know its non invasive, but, I am somewhat offended that a notification was not even sent home letting us know it would be done, or, after the fact, to let us know that it HAD been done (and what the results were).    When he was in preschool I remember a consent form being sent home about the eye exam, I signed it and he had the eye exam in preschool. Then, after the fact, we got the results of that, on paper,...
My son (in Kindergarten) recently told me after he came home from school that he (and classmates) had eye exams and hearing test that day.. no forms were ever sent home about this to sign, and no notification, before, or after the testing (including test results)... this seems weird to me that they would do this without notifying parents or getting their permission.    They DID send home papers where parents could opt out of the dental exam, and physical checkup if you...
Do you use your gas grill at least 10 feet away from your house? AND/OR ... do you use your gas grill on your wooden deck?   DH wants to buy a gas grill (propane tank) and I'm getting anxious because he wants to put it on our wooden deck. The things I've read say NOT to do this but to put grills at least 10 feet away from your house, and DON'T put it onto a wooden deck. He is upset with me for being concerned and says he doesn't want to get one now (I've watched several...