or Connect

Posts by newmum35

Thanks.. that really made me feel better.  It hasn't been brought up again, and things have been ok on bus for past few days so hopefully its forgotten. I can't even remember how I had replied to that when he said I must have told someone, so maybe I was jumping to conclusion. He might have figured it out but maybe I didn't say.. lots of good advice here, thank you!
update-  He came home Monday, (they sat together on the bus again), and he said the other boy was poking him here,here,here with a pen he found on the floor of the bus (he pointed to his chest and belly in various areas) and he showed me a sharp piece of plastic that broke off the pen, that he wanted to save.  I talked to him briefly and he said he enjoyed it, they were playing zombies with each other, and trying to kill the zombie (which must have been him).. He did not...
 Well, he has social anxiety and any attention drawn to himself makes him uncomfortable. He would be anxious at simply being spoken to directly by the bus driver, so thats most likely why he didn't want me to involve the driver, I don't think either one would handle it badly, then again, I've never rode his bus! I was under the impression there was plenty of seats, even if he sat alone, although thats a good question, I'll want to find out how many kids on his bus, most...
Just a brief update. My son was real adamant about not involving the bus driver or the kids mom, although on the day it happened, he did say I could call his mom (we briefly discussed it) just not tell the bus driver.  Next morning he did not want me to do either one.. I was a little unsure what to do as I was afraid if I went against his wishes he'd never tell me anything again. He didn't think the boy would do it again that day, as in his words, "he only hit me 3 or 4...
My son came off the bus upset today... according to him, another boy on the bus who he has known for several years and often sits with on the bus was hitting him on the way home and hurting him. He said he tried to get out of the seat to sit alone somewhere else but the boy wouldn't let him.   There was another time some weeks or months ago something similar happened with the same boy, and I let it go because my son said he enjoyed it and it sounded like they were...
 This is one of my fears, as I believe my husband has repressed anger issues, probably stemming from childhood. He thinks he comes from a normal wonderful family and I think he is trying to parent in the way he was raised because thats all he knows and he feels it is best.. Its almost like he was glorifying punishments a few times.. he asked my son a few times what he thought his punishment should be... trying to let him play a role in that as if it were some wonderful...
I haven't been on in a while so I missed all the deleted posts but will try to come back now and then when I have more specific examples of things maybe someone can offer advice on how to deal with... One example of "misbehavior" that comes to mind would be throwing one of his toys down and breaking it, in a fit of anger.   For example he had a perplexus ball for a year or two and we've always been careful not to drop it (it was a replacement for one that was defective)...
I just want to thank everyone who responded to my post. I've had an incredibly busy year with working so not a lot of free time to get online for advice. (and a very depressing year as well so I never did bring myself back for an update) I did read all the replies several times and they helped a lot although I think I was in denial about some of it because it hadn't yet escalated to be obvious until our anniversary. At the time I posted I was also unaware that I was in an...
My guess she didn't recommend extraction because they always do that as a last resort only.. if root canal fails or something.  They can't make money on a tooth that isn't there too so its possible money is a motivation but also could be other reason because he wouldn't get the new adult molar for another 7-8 years right? thats a long time to be without a crucial biting tooth.  Having said that I also have been missing a molar for many years (I opted for extraction for...
Thank you to anyone who signed... 10 months later and is still needs 650 signatures.  It appears to be still open for signing, not sure if this is a deadline or not. I can't figure out how to see when it was started, not that it matters.