or Connect

Posts by Monarchgrrl

DD was swaddled until 18 months. We had to wrap a tight woven/non-stretchy blanket around her arms and then the swaddler on top to keep her contained. Then we started loosening the arms for naps over the course of a few weeks. We took the arm wraps off the Halo sleep sack at 18 months for night time, but she still wears it for all naps and sleep. I think it's like a security "blanket" now. I even had to sew more material to the bottom of it so that it's long enough for...
  Due on Halloween. Instead she was born on Dia de los Muertos! :)  
I'm sorry, I don't. I already sold it. Sorry. I should have updated this thread.
Thanks for the condolences, all! Much appreciated. Unfortunately our experience with her isn't too uncommon. It's a widely-known, yet rarely discussed, issue with military families-of-origin and widows.   limabean, my dad and I haven't seen my nephew since the funeral. My mom bends over backwards and kisses ex-SIL's butt in order to still be a facebook friend to see pictures. It's so hard, too, because he looks SO much like my brother. It's heart-wrenching.   OH and just...
My SIL (ex-SIL? Not sure what she is now. Widowed-SIL?) is a total...um...mean, evil witch. My brother was killed in Iraq in 2008. They had been married for 8 years. On his first tour she had an affair. She got pregnant the weekend he returned. But was still having the affair the weekend before. So...was it my brother's baby? Who knows? He stayed with her and raise "his" son (he looks just like him, so we're pretty sure he is his). Then a week after his son's 1st...
I can't wait for next season! Seriously one of the best shows out there! I love the twists and turns. Next season is going to be interesting...