or Connect

Posts by AlpineMama

Quote: Originally Posted by angie7 Yes a child should open the door for someone (especially if asked). The adult should never call a child a name but the fact that she was being physically attacked could have triggered this response. The child should never, under any circumstance hit another person. He needs to be held accountable for hitting her.
The funny thing about age-appropriate expectations is that just because you're encouraging more maturity than is typical for an average 2 year old in our culture doesn't necessarily make it happen. With the example you've given about the restaurant meals, for example. And sometimes a kid will act as mature as you expect them to. Not all the time, of course. But if you have an expectation that they will behave well and are considerate of them, take them for a walk...
Quote: Originally Posted by momof4peppers After my unmedicated, ultra fast delivery (nearly missed making it into the delivery room) I announced - loud enough for every woman on the floor to hear - I AM A F'ING GODDESS! I JUST DELIVERED A BABY WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by fairydoula I was very sick, I had morningsickness all the way through to the day before she delivered. I did not LIKE my baby or being pregnant by month 6. Imagine throwing up every single day, for 6 months!!! I was not happy... I told a close friend, hoping she would be able to commiserate, but she was shocked and horrified to hear me say I didnt like my baby and I was pissed off and sick, of being sick. I totally...
Quote: Originally Posted by Turkish Kate All I could ever find is the OB tampons. The ones with applicators seem to not be very popular. I guess that's why I never had issues - I use OB. Vax, hmm. I know that when I moved to the U.S. I had to get all my vaxes at once for school here. (I remember it clearly; I even got a stuffed seal because I was good and didn't make a fuss.) Which leads me to believe that I was vaxed on a different...
I have yet to have one... Last alone time was... early 2006. Sigh.
Have you tried doing little/no electric lights at night for a few weeks? Perhaps it would get your LO's clock into better synch if you let the house get dark and quiet in the evenings. It might be more fun to stay up at night for a couple of nights if it's unique, but the novelty should wear off. You could also use a dimmer switch on low, or low wattage end table lamps, or whatever. Just try to keep it low-key. Just a thought, it worked in our household.
I just read most of the replies to the OP. I added on before reading them. I'm just a little overwhelmed (underwhelmed might be more apt to say) about the attitudes from people saying that the kids are shortchanged or that you can "only" do it with lots of help. I have no family or friends to help out, although I am a full time SAHM. I am married but I am the only one who parents the kids. So like. It's possible. And my kids are happy. I feel responsible for my OWN...
My period returned 2 weeks after giving birth and I was pregnant the next cycle. I had DD 10 months after having DS. DS was planned, DD was a happy oops. Honestly, the hardest part was being pregnant while DS was still a baby. He was very colicky and I was very burnt out, and also very sick. I didn't get to go to any mommy-baby things with him. I was too busy getting IV therapy and the like. DS also had a number of OTHER issues. We suspected autism for the...
Same thing happened to me with DS. I had a lovely labor and a pretty long, intense (not traumatic by any means, nor excruciatingly painful, but just intense) pushing phase lasting about 2 hours give or take. When they put the baby on my stomach I kinda looked at it but it didn't register. They took him and wrapped him up and did stuff to it. Meanwhile DH looked at him and then went home. (We were in a birthing center and he went home to clean up and get changed.) I...