or Connect

Posts by melixxa

Thanks for taking the time to reply, ASusan! Right now I am dealing with some unpleasant side effects of the Plaquenil. At least for now, they seem much worse than the symptoms of the Sjogren's/vasculitis: bad GI cramping, combo of diahrrea/constipation, headaches in the mornings especially ... I have a great acupuncturist/Chinese medicine practitioner. I want to go see her very soon. Just talking to her always makes me feel better in general because of her wonderful...
Thanks for your reply, lightheart! The doc gave us a prescription for Lidocaine, to numb the spot on the arm where blood is drawn from, and I plan to promise ice cream after ... And I MUST get my DH to go with me. I just can't do that alone. All those tests confuse me too. The allergist did tell me already that, based on my DS1's initial reaction and the results of the skin prick AND his age (nearly 6), he did not appear a likely candidate for 'growing out of' the...
My DS1 is severely allergic to peanuts (ate 3 at a friend's house at the age of 2 and had immediate anaphylactic symptoms as well as a body covered with hives; the allergy was later confirmed by the skin-prick test). I was supposed to get the blood test done but totally chickened out since 1) he is still for the most part in a 'safe,' non-peanut environment, and 2) he is soooo sensitive. But just now I had my DS2 tested - negatives on all tests. However, the allergist...
Does anyone else here have this? I was just given a diagnosis of Sjogren's Syndrome based on my bloodwork (I was referred to a rheumatologist), which surprised me since I don't have the primary symptoms of dry mouth and eyes. What I do have are flare-ups of vasculitis - purpura or petichiae on my legs, climbing up and reaching my torso at the worst of times. The little crimson dots will knit together, making me look like a lobster with a terrible sunburn ... This usually...
My first son had a serious and immediate reaction (vomiting, full-body hives, lethargy, etc.), though not an anaphalactic one, after eating just 2 peanuts at his cousins' house. He was just over two (we had been avoiding them at home and I wasn't actually aware that my nephews were already eating them). We are going to see an allergist soon to test for other stuff and check up on the peanut allergy. Since we first found out, however, we've had Jr. epis prescribed by our...
This thread is making me mad and cracking me up at the same time. If the Bratz dolls are *successfully* solving fashion problems, then I guess I am a lot more out of touch than I thought I was. Ew. And: ha! Personally, I find the princess stuff annoying and offensive but have my great love of superheroes (and Jedi and Xena and all that). Mulan, however, is one 'Disney princess' I truly love - though I have to say I've no idea if she's been officially included in Disney's...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn If you're just looking for sandwich alternatives, we use hummus & roasted red pepper, cream cheese whipped with black olives, mashed black beans with sour cream and tomato, and grated cheese mashed with various veggies. These are good ideas. Thank you. I have no culinary imagination, alas. My son has a peanut allergy (but is fine with tree nuts) and ends up with either a soy nut butter, sunbutter, almond...
The morning sickness just hit me. I could not eat anything this morning after getting up, though I was craving pure protein (say, a nice big chunk of tofu as made by our local Vietnamese restaurant) like crazy. So, thanks to my empty stomach, the ms hit hard. What to have for breakfast?? I crave protein protein protein, but nothing seems to fit th ebill. How to fill up a dodgy stomach so the ms doesn't take over? Breakfast ideas welcome.
Sandrine, phathui5, vermonttaylors, ChinaKat, snuggly mama: Thank you so much! I think I just really need support and someone to talk to about this big change. And I agree that my injury (recovery from which has been ongoing since April - and then surgery in June) and what it's done to my psyche do play into this. I keep telling my DP that it seems like I "just" had a baby and went through the infirmities of pregnancy, post-partum (I saw my homebirth midwife the entire...
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have been going through one big freakout per day and yesterday wrote my post right smack in the middle of it. I felt calmer the rest of the day. I think that, because this pregnancy is such a big surprise, this is just going to be a longer process for me - the adjustment. It's something of a paradigm shift, too. I never planned to or dreamt of having 3 chilldren. Meanwhile, when I found out I was pregnant with #2, I felt a little worried...