or Connect

Posts by e(Lisa)beth

We sing:   you are my sunshine red roses for a blue lady swing low sweet chariot the galaxy song my favorite things
Regarding a PCP for you: check out Dr. Madaffari (info below).  She was recommended to me by Dr. VS.  I've been seeing Dr. Madaffari for about a year and it is going well.  She is respectful of extended breastfeeding, which is very important to me.  And it turned out that she is friends and neighbors with my DD's ped, Dr. Ceron, which was a nice bonus.   Catherine Madaffari MD, 4745 Sutton Park Court Suite 701, Jacksonville,FL, 32224,United States, (904)821-0405
Claire, 17 months, has started throwing any food that she doesn't want to eat off of her tray onto the floor.  I'm not sure how to help her learn not to do this and would appreciate any suggestions.  The voice inside my head keeps telling me to smack her hand, but I really don't want to do that!   Thanks!
My DD is almost 17 months and she has only recently begun to enjoy listening to stories. 
I'm 31. There have been a lot of weddings and babies in my circle of friends in the last 10 years, and I am fairly sure all of them were followed by thank you cards. I know I sent them after my own wedding and baby showers. It's just what we do here. Maybe because it is the South? Outside of weddings and babies, I don't receive or send many thank you cards, but there are times I when I feel it is appropriate. I send them to people who I can't thank in person (if...
Quote: We are not having our 5m.o. baptised because it would require DH to either a) make promises which he had no intention of keeping or b) be excluded from the ceremony. I am not happy about either of those things (I chose not to have her baptised, if it had been important to me then DH would have been ok with us doing it) (a) makes a mockery of the ceremony and (b) is just not right, he is her father. Not having her baptised will not prevent me from...
Anita Underwire Nursing Bras have been great for me.
I have a 13 month old DD, and I WOH FT, and I am in grad school part-time for an MBA. I am allowed to WAH one day a week, which I usually break up into two mornings - Tuesdays and Thursdays, arriving at work by 1pm. However, my work still has to get done, so I frequently work at home in the evenings after DD has gone to bed, unless I am in class or studying. My DH also works WOH FT. DD stays with my MIL during the day.
Our babies are one year old this month. I can hardly believe it! How are your families celebrating the milestone?
I imagine this is bittersweet for you, but I think it sounds like a very gentle transition and for good reasons. You sound like a great mama! Congratulations on both your little ones.