or Connect

Posts by voicegrrl

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where to post.  I've NEVER had weird cycles, always 27-29 days.  No getting pregnant issues ever.  In the last couple of years, staying pregnant became a problem.  I had at least 3 chemical pregnancies when my youngest was between 1 and 2.  Chalked it up to all the night nursing she was doing.  Got my cycle back around 15-18 months pp (can't remember exactly when.)  Got pregnant when she was 2, the same month she weaned.  M/C...
No one has had any bites.  I've been insane about checking everyone over after we spent a weekend in NY in early September.  I check my house and the beds constantly so I know bed bugs aren't an issue.  All four of my girls had a virus go through them just before she broke out in hives so I feel like that is the culprit, but I'm curious how long viral hives tend to last.  We're at day 14 now.  The benedryl does help now, but it didn't during the initial outbreak. I only...
Two weeks ago my 9 year old broke out in a raging case of hives after eating some pineapple which she's eaten her whole life. I watched her all night to make sure she didn't have any wheezing or throat swelling.  She groaned and was miserable the entire time.  Benedryl barely took the edge off.    The back story is that she'd been sick a couple of months with sinusitis.  At one point I caved and did a round of abx thinking we could just clear this up and move on but...
In order to get t-shirts mailed in time for the Walk, Charlotte NCFOM supporters need to register for our sister walk by tomorrow night (Sunday.) We look forward to seeing you at Freedom Park at 10am Saturday, October 9. More details to come soon, but don't forget to register by Sunday night! http://www.walkformomsandmidwives.com/cities.html
It took two weeks for my miscarriage to happen after the ultrasound, but as soon as I passed the baby the rash went away. I feel strongly that my miscarriage had to do with the rash or possibly a virus causing the rash. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a difficult experience.
Just want to say how sorry I am. This happened to my ex-husband as a 4 year old. His father took him to England also. His mother waited a long time to go over there to fight for him and in the long run she ended up not getting custody and only got him for one month every summer. At the time the English courts really looked down on the fact that she didn't come over right away. I hope you won't wait too long. I think the media has been able to shed more light on these...
I had a m/c 4 weeks ago, had a D & E after I passed the baby. My cycle came back immediately. I'd only had a few cycles when I got pregnant because I was nursing my 2 yo but I weaned her during the time I conceived. I expected this cycle to be wonky, but the hormonal up and down was more than I can handle. I ovulated and of course was a maniac and then a week later the PMS hit and it was BAD to say the least. It lasted a full week then I barely bled because of the...
My kids loved Discovery Place when they were toddlers, probably more than they do now as 6 and 8 year olds. But they just had a grand re-opening today. It's supposed to be way better. There's also Imaginon in uptown which is totally free. It's the public library combined with Children's Theater but there are plenty of things to entertain toddlers. They are just a couple of blocks from each other. I'll post back if I can think of other places.
We're doing Disney in July also and I'm from Central Florida originally and am hitting myself for going there when it's so hot! But it's our only option this year. I second that it's going to be roasting. I would definitely figure out the option that will keep you all coolest. Maybe take one of those mini hand held battery operated fans so you can get a breeze for the two of you while babywearing. Good luck.
My ex had it done after our twins were 1. He did get an infection but it was fine after he went on abx. I longed for more children but I knew that he and I could not have more children if we were going to make our marriage work, plus he only wanted 2 children and we wound up with 3 so it all made sense at the time. We separated a year later and he is now married to a childless woman so I have a feeling he regrets the surgery. My 2nd DH and I have a toddler together...