or Connect

Posts by Anne512

Hi everyone,   I have been trying to get a project off the ground here in the East Coast and it's not gaining any traction.  So I thought talking on this forum to birth professionals would help me understand where I'm going wrong.   My project is to bring childbirth education, doula education, and possilbe even midwifery to community colleges.  Currently, as most of you know, the classes are either online or on the West Coast, unless the class or seminar comes...
I've been wondering about this too. Before LO was conceived I had bad endometriosis and had a laparoscopy. During surgery they found my copper IUD had caused uterine polyps. After that, the dr said I had 6 months to get pregnant or my option was to go through a round of hormones. But I can't take birth control pills or any kind of hormone because I tend to clot. My first 2 kids were condom babies and my last shot was an IUD, which now caused polyps. My dh and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by kcparker Any chance it could still move at this stage? If there isn't a chance that it would move at this point, take some time to grieve the birth you wanted. It's a huge disappointment, and so maddening that it's due to something totally out of your control. When you feel up to it, you can start thinking about how you can make this the absolute best, most special cesarean birth imaginable. I emailed you an article on...
So today, after meeting with my midwife, she said that my placenta is definitely covering the cervix and I'm definitely getting a C-Section. I'm so bummed out that I almost cried as I left the office. All that reading on natural birth, hoping that my last one would be the most ideal. And I have the ultimate intervention. I'm so bummed that all enthusiasm for the rest of the pregnancy is gone. Anyone having this issue?
Hey everyone. I lurk here now and then. At the moment our blended world is actually blending! The dh's boys are adapting to the house and the standards we have, I'm adapting to even having the boys there. My girls have always gone with the flow and so does my dh, so there's never been friction there. Just me and the boys. Anyway, I had to add all these positives before I ask: How many of you with blended families have added your own addition and not received...
I'm so glad there's this thread because I haven't bought anything practical for this baby. I bought yarn to make the blanket and the blanket is too big to be a receiving blanket =( I found on freecycle a boppy and some infant toys. But not one stitch of clothing, no crib or pack n play, no bottles for when I breastfeed. And I'm freaking out! My husband is hoping someone will throw us a shower, but as this is birth child number 3 for me and it counts as the 6th child...
I wrote a couple of days ago how I'm not in like with 2 out 3 of the midwives that I'm seeing. Today, I received a call from one of the 2 that I don't like that I have partial placenta previa. Still. They told me this a month ago. And told dh and I to remain abstinent , no heavy lifting, rest when you can. We did all that. Placenta hasn't moved. However, when they told me this a month ago, and even in the ultrasound, the placenta is barely over the cervix. Like...
Thanks for the encouragement, I needed to hear from other mamas =)
I would love to plan things before she does. In fact, I do, and it turns out that she has plans and it is those plans that have to be used. This is the only holiday where both parents are present. The other ones, she's not involved and out of town for those holidays.
I've been wrestling with this since I went to my first appointment. I don't think I like my midwives. I went to the orientation and that particular midwife, I loved, had a great vibe with. But I haven't seen her since. And on their website it shows she practices there. The other 2, I've met and had them check up on me. And I just don't have a connecting vibe with either of them. If I had to deliver today, I wouldn't choose either one. Can I change...