or Connect

Posts by mehndi mama

Given the prevalence of affairs and divorce, I think you're right in saying that it isn't really "natural" to expect one person to fill all of those needs for you. Many people do it, and some do it very well (and they are likely those who are "naturally monogomous"), but the rest of us struggle along until we realize that we don't need to struggle so hard. I certainly don't get all of my emotional needs filled by my husband. When I tried to do that, I was miserable!
I never know what I want until I meet the person I want Because it really is different for each different person. This time, I don't expect much. I want a "how are you doing" at least every 3rd day, a promise of seeing him sometime in the near future (even if plans have to be broken), and good music when we're together. Spending time together making things is good (we both sew, do leatherwork, and construct foam-padded weapons), and I insist on sleeping with him,...
New update from me - it's been a while, hasn't it? Anyway, XGF is still on the scene, coming to my house once a week to se DH & the kids, and basically "play house". We came to an agreement that it would be impossible to patch up our friendship, so we just ignore each other for the most part. She comes over on my "night out". More excitingly, though....I have a new man!! Well, he's not exactly *mine*....I only see him very occasionally at Dagorhir events, and when...
You can make really absorbent prefolds from old t-shirts, too. That would save you even more money, if you're going to be making them anyway. http://fernandfaerie.com/frugaldiapering.html
I use ProCare for the AIOs I made for my DS's preschool. I used flannel for the inners, and the procare (knit web side out) for the outer layer. I also made some with PUL (diapershop) for the outer layer. In comparison with the ones made with PUL, the Procare DEFINITELY leaked less. Like WAY less. And I know you can't call the knit web backing of the ProCare *pretty*....but it's not hideous - it looks good enough to use it for the outer of a utilitarian...
We use PVC pipe and blue closed-cell camping-mat foam to build our swords. Then it all gets covered with fabric so that it doesn't "slap" when it hits. For a wooden one, I know I've seen some that start out sort of narrow by the hand-guard, then widen out near the tip. Then the tip is finished off with a shallow point....so it sort of looks like a really long, really short-topped diamond shape? I don't think I'm explaining it well! The concern, mainly, is "will it...
Quote: Originally Posted by rere I think it really was one of the better Craftster $10 Dollar Store Challenge entries. Oh gracious - I didn't realize that it was a challenge and they HAD to use dollar store stuff! OK, I'm totally impressed
If you can get anyone to give you wool yarn ball-ends, you can wind yarn balls, tie them into a nylon stocking, and throw them in the washing machine for a bunch of consecutive washes until the yarn felts together into nice firm balls. I also second the cutting wool sweaters into strips to use as stuffing.
It's beautiful...but I'm cringing at the pointyness of it! Maybe because I foam-fight, and so I'm used to soft, could-never-poke-anything-out swords? Are kids usually OK with narrow-tipped wooden swords? I love the wrapping job, and it looks lovely and smooth!
I've made them for less than that using scrounged and thrift store materials. A rib or interlock tee in a passable color - $.75 A neutral-colored wool sweater - $3 Skein of cotton yarn (secondhand) - $.50 I used a ribknit beige tee to sew a "stockinette" tube, and cut the wool sweater into strips to wind into a head-ball. The beige tee was also used as skin fabric, and the rest of the sweater was cut into strips and pulled to make them fluff and curl and those were...