or Connect

Posts by klg47

Latter Day Saints (Mormons) believe that everyone who dies without the LDS gospel will get a chance to accept it after they die.
Quote: Originally Posted by evjolin his greatest concern is the "locker room" which i do believe is a valid concern. Really? And are you and your H also prepared to have cosmetic facial/body surgery, dye hair, get LASIK, etc., etc., etc., for your son in case people tease him about his nose/face/fatness/skinniness/hair/glasses/etc? There are a few very effective responses if locker room teasing ever did become an issue. 1) "You're...
I tithe 10% of my gross earnings. I am a nearly-single mom of 3 kids. I make around $50,000/year. That sounds like a lot, but daycare for the 3 kids is $15,000 per year. I am supposed to get child support/daycare money from my STBXH, but he is making minimum wage and hasn't contributed very much so far. Before we separated, our debt was $104,000 (not including a house). We were paying over $2,000 per month on minimum debt payments. H was working, so our income was...
Would you really keep it?
If you're a single and working mom, how and when do you have time for real life friends? I am a single working mom, well, soon-to-be-single. My husband moved 1500 miles away 5 months ago. Since he lives so far away, I get no evenings/weekends off. My parents do take the kids occasionally, but so far I've used that time to sleep or catch up at work. People at work are nice, and I do talk to the receptionist as a real friend, but that's somewhat minimal. The rest of...
Seasons - I think that is great advice Part of my problem is that I don't have a wonderful, fulfilling life now. I absolutely know that I need to work on that FIRST, before I ever involve another partner. So that's all the more reason not to date (or date seriously at least). Another part of the problem was that my only dream/ambition/goal growing up was to be a stay at home wife and mother. It's hard to let that goal go for now. But because of the work I need to...
Everyone has great points Self-confidence does far more for a woman than having a certain size/shape/appearance. I absolutely agree with that. I was so good at that with my H - or at least I acted very well. On the inside, I was still a little insecure, but I was able to prance around like I was the hottest thing ever I am sure I could have that confidence again if I need to.
Oh, I forgot one of my other biggest fears about remarriage -- my body!! I've got terrible stretch mark scarring, for one thing. The color of the stretch marks is all faded, but from just under my ribs to my pubic bone, the skin under the top layer is basically shredded. And then there's my lovely breastfeeding breasts :-P I'm currently sporting at least two cup sizes difference between the sides. I had zero problem showing off my body to my husband, but the thought...
Sailor, thanks :-) I thought about football as I posted the title
Sagesgirl - you remind me of a good point -- I don't intend to date right off!!! I will definitely need some time to heal and work on myself. So I can cross this off my list of Things I Have to Worry About Today I can worry about it in 2011, hee hee. Our stories sound very similar. H and I met when I was 19. We married 4 months after we met, by which time I had turned 20. I am turning 29 this November. AJsMama - You bring up another good point, which is that I...