or Connect

Posts by jen and her girls

Fenugreek does that to both my ds and I. Within hours of the first time I take it I notice him getting a very upset tummy. It always stops when I stop the fenugreek. It's weird because my dd's were never sensitive to it, but it makes Harrison sick every single time. From kellymom.com... "Most of the time, baby is unaffected by mom's use of fenugreek (except that more milk is usually available). Sometimes baby will smell like maple syrup, too (just like mom)....
I am so glad you posted this, I'm a nervous wreck about this issue myself. I have GD with this pregnancy, and they are estimating that our son will be large for gestational age when I deliver, and is likely to be hypoglycemic. I have been told that they are likely to whisk him directly off to the NICU for a bottle of formula as soon as he's delivered. I want to do everything I can to avoid this, so I have printed out the articles that ellebelle posted, and I have...
My SIL passed on a large variety of diapers to me, some which I can identify, many which I can't (because I haven't cd'd in years). I would like to sell some either on the TP or at swappers, but I am not sure how to do it. Do I just list them as unknown, and hope that with pics someone will recognize them? Should I just sell them as a lot, and then people would get some known diapers, as well as some surprises? Advise me, please.
I haven't cloth diapered in quite a few years, as my youngest is almost 5. However, we're expecting our first boy this summer, and I am trying to figure out what to buy. I want to keep it simple this time, as last time I was trying a bit of everything and confusing my dh. Based on the research that I've done, I am thinking about either Bella Bottoms One-size or Motherease OS with Thirsties covers. I was really considering BumGenius 2.0, but the wicking at the...
For the love of all that is holy, please don't go the senseless y route. Adding a y to a name to make it different is trendy in all the wrong sorts of ways.
I would seriously spell it Madeline. It's a traditional and normal spelling for a lovely name. I think if you go with an alternate spelling your dd will spend her entire life correcting people that her name is not, in fact, spelled Madeline. Mattie is still a common and appropriate nickname for the name Madeline.
Several other moms on a message board that I visit, the Mothering.com Diapering board, decided that we would write to you. Apparently, you recently did a show on what a throw away culture we are. Well, I feel that there is a significant, and largely unrecognized group of women who are taking one of our most obvious throw-aways, disposable diapers, and making the conscious choice to not add our waste to the mix. We choose to cloth diaper! Not only is it environmentally...
I just found out that when we were at my Intended Parents house *2 weeks ago* we forgot our bag of dirty diapers there. There are 2 (a Crickett's Hemp Fitted and a Sugar Peas 2), one was poopy, one was just urine soaked. They have been sitting in an airtight, closed plastic grocery bag this whole time. We will be seeing them on Saturday when we go for our psych evaluations and she will be bringing them along then. But do I honestly want to open that bag and even try...
in other contexts it means "babydance," but here it means "birthday"
http://store.mommymadediapers.wahmbi...howcase_10.jpg Steph at Mommymadediapers.com makes them. I bet if you e-mailed her she could make one for you. Also check out her gallery, she has lots of cute choices..... Just an FYI, I have several Mommymade AIO's and they are among my favorites. The fit is great and they work really well. Good luck!