or Connect

Posts by *EarthMama*

Our son who just turned 5 goes to preschool at Mountain Phoenix and we absolutely LOVE the school!  It is a waldorf-inspired charter school in Wheat Ridge.  The preschool and kindergarten are play based and focus on imagination, art, nature, and community.  I bet your son would love it!  I think there may still be a few openings this year and if not there is the choice enrollment that is available for next year that occurs in January!  I hope you find exactly the right...
Hello,   We are Waldorf-inspired homeschoolers looking to connect with some other waldorf-y homeschoolers in the area.  We live in East Mountain, outside of ALbuquerque... I have a 3/5 yr old and an almost 1 yr old.  Any others up here in the East Mountain or ALbuquerque area? We would love to here from you!!    
BUMP. I would love to hear about this as well!
Jen West is the BEST!  I can't say enough good things about her. She is highly trained and experienced, and yet knows how to be hands-off and trusting of the mother.  My husband and I just LOVE her!   Her website is: http://albuquerquehomebirth.com/
Hey Mamas! I had a successful UC here in the state of New Mexico 4 months ago and had a really hard time with the vital records office in the beginning to get my baby's birth certificate. I want to make it easy on any other mamas who are planning or already had a UC in New Mexico and need to get a birth certificate. So here is what needs to be done to get a birth certificate in NM if you UC'd: Provide the following documents for the Vital Statitistics Office...
Hey Mamas! I really could use some advice about my 3 yr olds sleep patterns. DS has always been a high-needs sleeper. We have co-slept since infancy and until he was 2 he would only fall asleep while nursing... he self-weened shortly after his second birthday but never stopped waking often through the night. We co-slept up until a few months ago (going to sleep together, sleeping through the night together, and rising together). If he is in bed with us he is fine for...
Our baby girl is here! Anaya Raya was born at home yesterday morning, May 24th, at 9:09am after only 3 hrs of active labor! My husband and our two year old son were the only ones present and it was the most intimate beautiful experience! Birth Weight: 8lbs 9oz Length (Head to Heel): 20.5in Head Circumference: 13.25cm Weeks Gestation: 41weeks3days Name Pronunciation: (Ah-ny-ah) (Ray-ah) Pictures: Our Chunky Angel Anaya Resting after a Nourishing Meal Birth Story...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2toomany With my sons they were all very still once labor really kicked in. My dd was still for the whole day before I went into labor.. If you are super worried I would get checked out because I am sure the stress of that panic will not ease labor.. but I think your ok. ELV being sent your way!
What a beauty-full birth story, mama! Thank you for sharing. I love how your story is all about trusting and surrendering as you align your personal will with divine will. How beautiful and inspiring. Thank you!
I hope that things work out for you too. We hadn't initially planned for a UC with this pregnancy either but when we moved to an area without practicing midwives it became a viable option... it was a journey deciding on a UC and now (a few days from birth hopefully ) I cannot imagine doing it any differently. I hope that you can make a decision that you are at peace with and that is empowering for you. I do want to recommend a book if you are considering a UC:...