or Connect

Posts by holidaymama

Hi all. It's been five days and I am feeling somewhat normal again...normal enough to get on the computer while baby sleeps!   Rory had a scheduled c-section for Wednesday June 12 at 2:00 p.m. I worked Monday and Tuesday of the week and was on my feet the entire day teaching adults. Tuesday after work, I came home and one of my girlfriends came to have one last belly rub and after she left, hubby and the two big boys and I decided on our last dinner out as a family...
I would contact your hospital or ask your doctor the hospital policies. My dr. just told me yesterday at my last apt. that our hospital is very family/breast feeding friendly and baby never leaves you unless you ask. Baby stays in the OR with you and daddy holds baby after he/she is cleaned and wrapped up. Then in the recovery room, baby stays with you for nursing. Baby always stays in your regular room as well unless you want baby moved to nursery.   My first...
This is our last...as much as it pains me to say it, I am also at peace with it. I will be getting my tubes tied while I have a c-section. This is number three...it took me seven years to convince hubby. And then when I finally did, I decided I wanted to wait but other powers prevailed and I ended up pregnant with this little guy.   I will be 30 this year and hubby will be 30. I want to have a career too and so I feel like 3 is plenty to still do the career and...
I love that the babies are coming!!! It's weird, but I feel like the BH contractions I was having so frequently have slowed down. However, I know this baby is getting his head in position (even though I am having a cs) because I am SOOOO swollen down there. I even had to make my hubby look because I have a hemrhoid in my lady parts! SOOO uncomfortable...I never had this with the first two. It must just be that this is my third? I go to the dr. tomorrow and am going to...
Hi mamas! I haven't been too good with checking in, but I am still here at 36+1. I feel like it's getting close. I had an apt. today and my cervix was soft but closed. I have had tons of BH contractions, a couple that have been painful. Babies head is very low...she could feel it. Any ideas if that means it really is close? I was induced at 38 weeks with my first, and had my second via c-section at 39. I really am wondering if I will make it 3 weeks to 39 again. 
I've definitely had the sensation of a but or head...it's a larger protrusion with pressure...lol! He's getting so big he want's out ;-) Not yet though please!
JNajla - I contacted our insurance and they sure do cover a pump...a hand pump. What a CROCK!!! I was so angry for how much we pay and they don't cover an electric one :(
I can't remember who asked about the Green Mountain workhorses, but I purchased several in the newborn orange edge and the yellow edge for night time. They are very thick...they are a prefold but then they have like another prefold liner in them so I would guess they will be pretty bulky but everyone has recommended them for night time so I am trying them out. The newborn are only 5.50 a piece and the rest are about 10 a piece. They still fit nicely into a cover.   I...
I have baby's room totally done and all prefold diapers prepped. Need to baby clothes and other diapers eventually, but will leave it till closer to my due date so I have something to do those last weeks, lol! Still need to go in and buy the ring sling I ordered, but am waiting on some birthday money :) My baby shower is April 27th and then my work is throwing me and another preggo coworker a shower in May, so I am looking forward to those. My preggo cousin is having her...
LOL RaeRae! I have been playing with mine as well! I have two boys so no dolls to try them on...I am going to have to resort to one sons stuffed horse to diaper ;-)