or Connect

Posts by chaimom

I have twin boys.  Baby A was head down and Baby B was breech, and I was under the care of a Kaiser perinatologist for my pg, so your post really strikes a chord with me.   If it were me, I would ask myself what's the safest thing for the babies and myself, not what kind of birth do I want.  When I was facing delivery, all I cared about were healthy baby boys.     Sorry you're so scared.  I felt that way for each of my deliveries, too.  I think that's natural.  And with...
My dd has a December bday and I was trying to get away with the lie that we don't have home birthday parties in the winter when kids can't play outside.  My dd (4, going on 5) told me that we had in fact had her bday parties at home-- when she turned one, and when she turned 2.  (I don't have printed pictures of either party.)  She was able to tell me who attended her 2nd bday party, and what her cake looked like at both parties!  Of her 1st birthday party: "I can't...
The recovery from each of mine was very different.  The second was much, much easier and more pain free.  But I think a lot of that was because my first csection was a complicated twins delivery, terrible nurses who didn't help with pain management and lots of hormones.  In the second one, it was a different hospital, I knew how I reacted to medications (which helped ensure I got the right pain meds), and I was dealing with only one baby instead of two.  I can't even...
It sounds like she's fine home alone.  When I was 16, I went overseas on vacation alone (with a friend).  Sixteen-year-olds are actually very responsible.  While I don't agree with setting the example of leave a teenaged girl home alone to go sleep with a boyfriend (why doesn't he come to their house?), it's a choice that mom is making that is really none of your business.  Sorry!  
 Here's some information about twins.   http://multiples.about.com/od/pregnancy/a/familytwin.htm      
I think whether you separate them depends on your twins' personalities. My boys asked to be in separate classrooms starting in pre-k.  (I didn't do it until K.)  I had always dreamed that my twins would want to be together and would be best friends.  The truth is, they have very different personalities and interests.  And they excel at different things in school.  They really did not want to be in a position where people directly compared them and they did not want to be...
As the mother of twins, I'm often dismayed on this board to see the cavalier and uninformed attitude toward prenatal care and the safe birth of twins here.  Especially since so many people who don't have twins feel the need to comment and possibly influence women who are pregnant with confirmed twins.   Here are some actual facts for the above poster: You are not at increased risk of twins if your father and DH are both twins.   Fraternal twins are on the maternal side,...
I have twin 9 year olds with completely different temperaments, so I feel I do have some experience with the age! :)  I agree with others that family counseling might help get out of a dynamic that's playing out right now.  It does sound like your dd is a little unusual for her age in her inability to move on from disappointment, and her tantrums. That would concern me a bit.      If my kids were throwing fits like you describe, first, in a calm moment, I would have...
I think it's time your children learn you're not their maid and driver.  You need to tell them that the family is a team and they have jobs to do.  If they don't do their jobs, you won't do things they want to do.  You said you take them to activities?  Well, why?  If they're not doing what they need to do at home, seems to me, they've lost the privilege of going to those activities.  If your son hasn't gotten a job, he's lost the privilege of driving your car.  I think...
Wow.  I'd be really frustrated with the school.  I would be direct with the principal and tell him or her that you expect your child to be challenged in school and learn something each day.   It's obvious the behavior issues are the result of not being challenged and being frustrated.  I would also insist that a different behavior system be used for your son.  He needs recess and a minimal amount of googling will bring up numerous articles showing how restricted recess...