or Connect

Posts by chaimom

Thanks for all your responses. I'll have to get "Siblings w/o Rivalry." Also, they are fraternal. Blonde/blue/tall, Brown/brown/shorter. But their faces are similar. The sweetest boys ever. Love each other and their sister (OK, they love her but want her to stay away from their stuff.) It's hard for me not to worry about everything! Thanks again.
We have a trapeze like the kind that attach to play sets. It's mounted into ceiling joists and we have a mattress under it. My twins have loved it since they were about 2 and even now (they're 5) they play on it everytime they go downstairs. We also have a ball pit, little play structure, train set and tents and tubes. (Gotta keep the twins and their baby sister busy in the winter!) Have fun!
Hi there-- I hope you don't mind a barge and some questions. I'm really struggling with knowing what's right for my twin boys, who started K this fall after turning 5 this summer. They both love it (separate classes). But I have some concerns and I'm wondering if anyone has BTDT. Both boys are bright, but "A" has always impressed his teachers. At 2, he could build those crazy lego cars perfectly and do 50-piece puzzles. His teacher at the time said she'd never...
We started talking about the potty with DD when she was about 16 mo's. She sat on it around 17 mo, and figured out how to make herself go at 18 mo's. Then she only wanted to wear undies at that point. She had about an accident a day (although not every day), so she wasn't really potty trained, but was really good at staying dry. Then she had an accident and her brother stepped in it and screamed, and she asked to go straight into diapers. I think she was embarrassed....
Just wanted to say I'm sorry you're so stressed. And I can relate. This happened once to me and my husband, who is normally a rock. (My twin boys are 5 now.) It was quite upsetting because, like you, I felt like I should be allowed to freak out, not him! I'm sorry you're dealing with two baby fusslets, plus a cranky hubby. I know you know this, but it's about to get a lot easier. The boys will soon turn the corner and start sleeping more and they'll soon start...
[ My dh thinks I should act like it is totally normal and that other people are wierd to let a child go in their diaper. [/QUOTE] Too funny! Sometimes I feel like I should apologize for her being out of diapers... or I feel like they think I'm being a showoff if I take her to the bathroom. Now that I write this I realize it's probably my problem, not theirs! Thanks to everyone for their comments and comebacks!
Thanks for your responses. I usually just say it's not a problem for me to help her go..(when they say I'm being trained) but I guess I could be more rude next time!
Hi there, ladies. I'm a total lurker to this board and have learned so much about EC and Early Potty Training here. I hope you don't mind me barging. Because of this board I really believe it is possible to train early, and I've been working with my DD on Potty Learning since she was 13 or 14 months. She's almost 20 months now and can stay dry all day, as long as I remind her half the time. The other half, she races into the bathroom by herself. I'm thrilled for...