or Connect

Posts by RubyOrganique

I've talked with many birth professionals who stress that a thank you gift is lovely but not necessary, especially if one is paying "in full" for the services they provide.  That said, gift certificates for restaurants or gas are practical and appreciated. I've also heard that hand made items are often preferred because of their personal nature.   At my first home birth I gave my midwife and doula necklaces with stones with supportive properties to help them sustain...
Hi All, I'm newly certified and am looking for affordable ways to reach pregnant (and desiring-to-be-pregnant) women.  I plan to teach privately and have developed related 1-night classes (separate from CE) but have had trouble getting the word out. Anyone want to share any unique and inexpensive ideas?   Ruby
My understanding is that 34-36 weeks is the time some practitioners start to take serious notice.   Spinning babies is a great resource. Remember Webster Technique (a chiropractic approach), acupuncture (specifically moxibustion), hypnosis, positive imagery and probably many more ideas before external version might be considered. We all sit so much and often recline as well - I've heard some people suggest that explains the increase in breech or malpresentations....
Hi Ladies, Sorry to crash your DDC, but I'm in the Jan DDC and preparing to teach my first childbirth education series before I give birth again myself. Part of the reason I wanted to teach is because I felt the class I took for DD1 could have been a lot more relevant.   I'm hoping those of you who took a class can tell me the best and worst thing about your class, any thoughts on what you wish would have been covered and what you felt was a waste of...
Very interesting points. Thanks for the thorough reply.  I did wonder if I'm comfortable with the treatment applied to the garment to make it protective, so that is something I'm going to look more deeply into. I don't use antimicrobial, no-iron or other similarly treated garments because I don't trust their safety. If this treatment is similar, then I need to why my radiation exposure against that.   Many thanks!        
I'm wondering if anyone has used belly armor. I'm seriously thinking about investing in it but wondered if it breaks down with laundering or if there are any other practical reasons not to buy it.  http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20023601-247.html   Thanks for input!
Hi All, Living Downstream in the being shown in the Milwaukee area.   Here's the information:   Who of us hasn’t been touched by cancer? Based on the acclaimed book by ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D., Living Downstream is an eloquent and cinematic feature-length documentary. This poetic film follows Sandra during one pivotal year as she travels across North America, working to break the silence about cancer and its environmental links. ...
This 'ad' is so clever! Where are you in SE Wisconsin?
Information deleted.
Yoga By the Dozen!!!  It is the best. Netflix has it so you can try it out. My DD loves it and it's real yoga. She even says Namaste now-awesome.