or Connect

Posts by L&K'smommie

I've had it done with 3 of my 4 pregnancies...the first two it didn't do anything(even at 5cm dilated with my 2nd) but with my most recent little guy I had them stripped and he was born less than 24 hours later. I was all ready 4cm and 80% effaced. You do have to be dilated so that they can get in to strip them. With my first two it didn't hurt but with the recent one it did...it was a different MW than I had with my first two and I also think that she did a really good...
    That sounds like a great evening...I'm in need of something similar right about now.  The pp blues/hormones have been crazy for me this time.  I was better when my Mom was here, but she left Monday and since then I've felt so sad.  Not to mention that the stupidest things make me want to cry right now and that drives me crazy.   Congrats Evergreen and atnightingale!    
Congrats!  She's beautiful!
Exactly this. I just had a homebirth on the 24th and my MW's don't cut the cord until after the placenta has been delivered(barring an emergency of course). My babe was on my chest immediately after being born and the cord was more than long enough and I don't know what she's talking about as far as the other issue...as pp said blood vessels just don't work that way.As to jaundice my baby was slightly so but nothing bad...but all my babes have had it slightly.Sent from...
Just had my homebirth last week...my MW's birthing kit has mesh panties but inside those I used my son's size 4 diaper with an overnight pad(frozen for pain relief)...it worked great and I really only used that for the first 24 hours, then just used regular undies with a frozen pad for another 24 hours and then switched to cloth pads which I love. As to the regular pads I used Always overnights with wings. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This exactly. Big hugs cerise! I'm so sorry.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats mama! She's beautiful! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had my first homebirth with my 3rd baby as well(also a boy). I loved it! I just had my second one 8 days ago with my DS3...again loved it. I know everyone has different experiences with it but for us it was wonderful not to go anywhere and to be in my own bed. It was just comfortable and peaceful both times(well labor was as comfortable as labor can be) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has the best hair!! And he's so cute!!!Here's B at a week old:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I had needed it I would've just showed up at the ob ward...ours is set up so you can walk right onto it and not go to the ER as the ER doesn't deal with maternity/prenatal/birth.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk