or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

I was okay with it -- until I wasn't.   I was 100 percent a SAHW/P for nearly 12 years.  It did not bother me in my 20s or even most of my 30s.  However, as I started moving towards 40, and realizing that I did not even qualify for social security because of how little I paid in, and how if for some reason we got divorced I would be entitled to nothing out of retirement plans or anything like that...and *seeing friends in their 40s/50s in just that situation*...it did...
DD started her period at 10.  She was 5'3" then.  She's now 12, is 5'6" and appears to still be growing steadily towards 5'7" though not at the massive growth spurt rate that she did right before her period started.
My daughter had only seen cloth pads and menstrual cups growing up (I don't use disposables).  However, when she started her period at 10 she wanted disposables both at school and at home.  I felt it was extremely important for me to *honor* her choices for her own body.   She tried a lot of different brands (you can get samples with first-period stuff), but she really liked the Kotex tween U when she first started (they're smaller, so fit her clothing better) and still...
I'd wanted to keep working through late Feb. but had to stop the 2nd week of Feb due to pubis synthesis issues.  I'm an LMP so the pain/lack of mobility put a damper on things, luckily I'm self-employed so it was just a matter of contacting my regular clients, they were all super understanding, and I'd arranged for backup referrals too.
 Eh?  Americans were all of the same ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation "centuries ago"?  Centuries ago white people were a very clear minority in the lands that make up America geographically today, and English speakers have never been the only ones (French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Italian) even in the good old days where we could pretend other people didn't exist;  and even if you were to look at the white people they most...
No, I can't be bothered.  I don't want the expense, it's extra time, and my skin is oily anyway so it fades off quickly.   As I've gotten older, I've invested more in cleaning/moisturizing my face, and using sunscreen.  And just being healthier in general (lots of water, exercise, sauna/hydrotherapy).   It's just not something I want on me.  Partially for the baggage with growing up (even now my mom will not set foot outside the house without pancaking it on and...
I don't have any specific tips, as it's been so long since I had a toddler or three by myself all day--but I would like to say that I would try to be very gentle with YOU as you adjust.  A lot of people think it's easy, even if it's something you really want, but for myself and most SAHMs that I personally know, no matter how much they liked/hated their jobs or school before, there is a bit of a grieving process involved.  So if you can, try to carve out some time for...
No.  I'll encourage her in what SHE wants to do.  My kids will have seen the pantheon (SAHM from before they were born until my daughter was 10, then school full time for a year, then launching my own biz that revolves around their school schedule).  They have seen me happy at all stages, seen my struggle at all stages, seen me have to balance things at all stages.  They'll see me continue to take clients after this surprise baby is born.  DH has worked from home their...
A lit cigarette.  Illicit drugs (please keep that stuff and risk of legal seizure on your OWN property, thanks).  Now that I know what pot smells like (since I went to school with someone who worked in a dispensary last year) I really don't want that around either--it smells like a skunk farted after eating a bunch of peeps to me (sweet-stinky?).  However, I can't think of a single smoker I know who would ask to smoke in a non-smoker's house, so it's just a matter of me...
Well, I had 15 hours of unmedicated backlabor with a pitocin drip.  And I've had a large ovarian cyst rupture.   Hands down, of the experiences to have again, I'd chose the labor with MORE pitocin and someone kicking me in the crotch at the same time.  When I had my cyst rupture I blacked out and dropped unconscious from the shock/pain, was transported to the ER via ambulence, screaming from the pain when I came to.  I was told that most ruptures are just very painful...