or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

Keep in mind, that I had my daughter in 2002, my twins in 2003, so it's been awhile.   But...I nursed my daughter throughout my twin pregnancy.  When I lost my milk in the 3rd trimester she didn't suckle very much, but she seemed to know my milk was coming in a couple of hours before I did, and it was HEAVENLY.  She took the edge off so my sons had no problems latching on, and then I nursed all three for about 6 months until she self weaned, and then let the other 2 self...
The dealbreaker for me is more of if the person is nasty emotionally.   I know quite a few people who crow about anti-spanking but punch their kids (and everyone else around them) verbally/emotionally instead.  To me it's not the act but the personality and character.   And my kids are now 10/10/11 (though I've got another one due in March now, suprise!).  It's a better gauge.  Few people are going to try to belt kids bigger than them in public, so you just don't...
1. 42+1 (2002) 2. 36+3 (twins) (2003)   Neither one was spontaneous.  I was induced with #1, but....I really do not think things were ready to go.  Every time the pitocin was turned down contractions flatlined. #2 was by cesarean because *I* became very ill with acute fatty liver of pregnancy (life threatening illness) plus the boys had TTTS *and* were transverse so vaginal delivery wasn't really an option.  However, *they* were in pretty good health and I think...
James Edward for us, both family names.
Did the cell-free dna test too, got results back today--no elevated risk for the trisomies, and it's a boy.  :)   I'm glad we did it, but we're still going to get the quad-screen, as that checks for elevated risk of more things than just trisomies (so it screens for neural tube defects plus some other stuff), and of course we're getting the anatomical u/s at 20 weeks, since that also checks for more stuff than just gender.  :)
Just got our cell-free DNA test results back--BOY!
Sometimes I think that children's books are often a lot like the TV shows I used to love as a kid--what kids like and what you like as an adult are way different, for many different reasons.   For example, I loved the A-Team as a kid.  Wasn't until I caught it again on syndication or whatever as a 20something that I realized wow, it really kind of sucked.  Books can be the same way OR I "see" messages in there (either because they are there or because my mind goes...
Yep, we're getting the cell-free fetal DNA blood testing too.  The draw will happen at 10 weeks and I think it takes a couple of weeks to get the results back, but a side bonus is that you find out the presence or absence of the Y chromosome!
I don't think telling or not telling is "weird".  It's a personal decision that each person makes for themselves, and they shouldn't be shamed either way they decide to go.  IMO.  I do not see it as being more or less honest or connected to one's other children if you decide to wait--or to tell right away.   We chose to wait to tell our kids until we knew everything was in place, because we also needed some private space to deal with that possibility as well.  My...
Told the kids yesterday (they were stunned/excited) and then extended family, letting the news filter out as it will after that.  We had our u/s, there's a heartbeat and everything's in the right place for now.