or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

You are risking the safety of your entire family by refusing to contact the parents yourself.  Keeping a child without the parent's permission for 45 days, in a passive-aggressive manner?  You are asking for trouble.  You might believe that the instability of the mother protects you, but in a way it increases the risk.  What will you do if she goes to the cops and says "OMG these people took my kid and didn't bring her back?"  She won't look great either, but neither...
When one twin cries, will the other one cry too? Will I have a constant mess of crying babies?   Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Just like any individual baby, each kid will have their own way of responding to things, subject to change without notice.  To be honest with you, my twins slept best when the OTHER one was crying.  It would put them to sleep with a smile on their face as long as the other one crying lasted. Is it feasible to EBF twins if you've never had...
  In theory, the goal of the adoption agency is to place children with families, not provide children for people who want one.  I would hope that an adoption agency would not place a child in a home with a known adult alcoholic, even if they weren't one of the adoptive parents.  OTOH, if you're using a southern baptist agency or some other religion that prohibits alcohol, then you need to find another agency (granted, those types of agencies probably won't look with...
How well do you know him?  Do you feel that you know him enough to email or talk to him and tell him the way he approached you made you feel uncomfortable, that you are trying to help your daughter (and her friends) learn how to deal with these social situations (they're all still learning), but in the future you'd appreciate not being surprised with a confrontation?  Depending on how well you typically get along, I might even mention that you felt a little unnerved...
DD broke her ankle 3 weeks into summer when she was 8.  She is a total active and outdoorsy kid and that meant it pretty much blew her summer (though I was impressed at how much she could get around at the playground with the cast--I had a fit when she crutched off with friends and I got distracted talking to the friend's mom and next thing I know she's waving at me from the top of the web rope climing structure!).   We went to a lot more "touristy" places (like the...
I grew up going to WDW almost every summer (was sent to relatives in FL each summer).  My aunt always rented a stroller, even when I was 10 (I was shrimpy, my 3 years younger cousin was bigger than me starting from when I was 7).  There were no hand held games during those dark ages, so we still had fun pushing each other/getting a ride and looking at everything.  There are tons of pictures of her and I after we stuffed ourselves into it at the same time (they just had...
I have more fun now as an adult than I had as a kid.  I feel like I have more control and less responsibilities (and at least I have control over my responsibilities).  I still play (read books, write stories, play games with friends, swim, ride my bike).  I don't have people screaming at me and hitting me when they're stressed out.  (well, okay, my tween does scream at me on occasion).  I don't have to live my life in a fishbowl, I am anonymous and nobody cares what I...
Have you had him evaluated?  He may need some help developing executive functioning skills, or may have ADD (it doesn't mean he has to be hyper/bouncing off the walls).  Some kids do not learn executive skills on their own.  I never did and neither has my daughter.  I was able to compensate though (and frankly was in a very bad environment where learning to compensate was necessary for survival).  She hasn't had that sort of environment.   We are having her formally...
Are you being paid illegally? I would highly recommend that you ensure that you're complying with employment reporting laws or fix that before you enter the system. Otherwise you're risking you license if it's found that you were engaged in tax fraud. If you've been filing your returns on your cash income and/or it's low enough not to count (the threshold is surprisingly low, so you may very well be out of compliance) then that's great but you should research...
I don't say "don't get upset".  That's unreasonable.  The phrase in our family is "You get what you get and you don't *throw a fit*."  My kids are 9, 9, and 10.  They are capable of not tantruming/whining and know strategies of how to deal with disappointments, and I expect them to utilize them.   I also don't understand the idea that this doesn't apply to adults.  Maybe I'm an abnormal adult or something, but no, I do not generally throw a fit or express upset if I...