or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

In our district k-2 students may only ride on buses for field trips (parent chaperones may ride on the busses too, but no little sibs). For grades 3+, it's by choice if you want to charter a district bus or coordinate drivers. If you want to coordinate drivers, each driver must have a volunteer form/background check on file, as well as providing proof of insurance (photocopy of current insurance). They are also held to a higher standard with the background check (for...
I don't think that "instincts" are necessarily always right. And honestly, I don't think that jealousy has to be the reason. I know people who absolutely in their heart "know" that all gay people want to molest their children. If they are walking down the street, and they see a young black man walking down from the opposite in, they will have their hairs stand up and have a "fear" adrenaline rush. If you ask them could they be stereotyping, no--they will say it's an...
I would leave it alone. IME, K/1st graders often talk about "marriage" and stuff like that because they're figuring out family relationships and talking about it with friends. It has nothing to do with sexual attraction. It's also normal for kids that are slightly older to feel kind of weirded out by that and to prefer hanging out with the gender they identify most with. Don't judge your 9 year old daughter by the behavior of her younger brother. I have a feeling...
Ahhh....see I still consider computer games (esp. those played with other people) to be playing. Why doesn't that count as play? If a kid loved to play card games or Cranium Jr. or Hungry Hungry Hippos, does that not count as play? I guess if you're making the distinction between "make believe" I guess. Though I know as a teen I did lots of make believe play with D&D, and I really have fun playing computer games. I think "make believe" is only ONE kind of...
I have "almost-7" (as they make sure that I refer to them!) twin boys, and an 8 year old daughter. They do still play make-believe, but the format has shifted dramatically. It's growing less and less about objects (lego guys, barbies, animal figures) and more about writing (making books and comics, and then plays based on those stories). THey also talk a lot about different lands and scenarios they have created, just verbally, sometimes without acting out or any props...
Have you involved your dad and brother in this? If they know, and agree that flunking school and treating your mom with disrespect are not qualities that they admire on respect in someone they're investing in (with gear, time, transportation) then they may be able to help you come up with more solutions or help (since your DH is uncooperative).
Hi, this caught my eye because this was my very first job out of college! 1) I never experienced this, but this will be highly dependent on the individual makeup of the home of course. I clicked with the first house I was placed, loved my guys, and still visited/kept in touch even after I left the company. IF there is good management (and that is a really big IF in my experience) they do try to place you where you'll have the most success. All of my guys tended to...
Keep in mind that when you as a nanny choose not to report your income and pay taxes, you may hurting yourself in the long run. I know a lot of nannies who worked for 10+ years as nannies, then left the workforce to raise kids of their own, only to discover that they had zero credits with social security--which means they have no disability or social security help later on. If you expect to be a relatively low income earner for a long time, I think it's in your best...
I either used the triple stroller (which had a pretty nice sized basket underneath), Or I used a baby seat cart to put one baby in (and put my items in the basket part) and then put my toddler into the child seat part of another basket and a baby bucket with the other baby into the basket of that cart). I prefered the former at all possible, it was much safer than the latter. If you have just the twins, I would put them in the double stroller, and use a cart to haul...
Logan, when you talk to the management (if you do) can you ask them why they're selling them or why they seem to be popular? I'm really curious, is there some repopularization or something? I have not seen one in years and years and years! I have seen some black rag dolls (the style whether black or white they don't really have faces or have waldorfy faces, very simple dolls) now and then, but they're not the blackface character (exaggerated red lips and bugging out...