or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

I think you work on getting the caseworker on your side first. S/he can expedite things with the hospital staff if it's a go. Legally, they're not going to let you just walk in and even visit, much less kangaroo care without some sort of release. Our hospital is way progressive about kangaroo care and preemie/NICU care--but for various reasons, their security is tight. And they're not going to let a non guardian or responsible party do that without a clear release to...
Quote: Originally Posted by JessieBird Nothing even close to abuse or neglect, but knowingly cutting corners when it comes to things like health care, nutrition, education opportunities. I find this attitude so shocking. It seems to me that a child from a disadvantaged background deserves at least the same treatment and opportunities that any other child does, if not "that extra mile." What do you mean by the above? By "cutting" corners on...
Did she read the letter that was sent home? This might be a good time to reinforce that most kids who experience unwelcome and inappropriate touching have it happen from people they trust or love, which can make it very confusing an difficult to come forward. Kids who are able to do that should be seen as brave, and you always want to know if anyone has hurt or been appropriate with DD, even if she thinks that you might be sad or she feels confused about what happened.
Katherine, I wish I could give you a hug. It sounds like you have bonded a bit with the parents, if not directly, at least with your emotions a bit. I think it's natural (and good) that you can relate to what had to be abrupt and a bit shocking for them too. And since your agency is unsupportive of a positive ongoing relationship with them, that's stressful too, not only for your own feelings but also I'm sure you're thinking about the kids' future feelings as...
Another "will he really even be interested in a book" question here. Parenting books really seem geared for and primarily consumed by women. (I know there are men that read them, just speaking in generalities here) A lot of relationship books are, and I kind of think that parenting books are very similar to relationship books in many ways. I think this might be something you might just have to have an ongoing conversation about. Maybe you could also look into a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mambera Why do you imagine I am bothered by it?? Regarding the ff, as I said in my post I don't really consider it my business. Regarding the working, I am sympathetic bc I know how hard it is to leave a young infant and I imagine it would be even more difficult to spend the time caring for someone else's child Well, I don't you from Eve, so I can only go by what I read. You talk about her lack of education, ect,...
I would not give her unsolicited advice. It's really none of your business and doesn't affect your family in any way. You've offered to let her bring her baby for feedings or express--she politely declined. I would treat her with respect, if I were you and you are pleased with her and don't want to insert any weird stuff into your relationship. It sounds like perhaps you don't really respect her decisions. If that's the case, are you sure that you will be a good...
I can relate...though to be honest you, over the years and many popped brain cells, I'm starting to be able to deal with it better. This year was the first year that I had all of my kids out of the house for the entire school day (we do half day, 4 day a week kindy here). Unfortunately, I was so full of anxiety over this, that I overcommitted myself hugely with volunteering and school and elsewhere--so I have LESS time to do things with the house than when I had three...
Hmmm, didn't see your question. I don't see how a question would be offensive. An accusation, maybe. It is a very very common ASSumption in some AP circles (and I have seen it asserted here over the years too, though it gets halted pretty quickly since there's quite a lot of women who don't have their cycles altered more than a blip by exclusive nursing)--and hooooboy sometimes there is absolutely no question that you are being judged by someone else's mistaken or...
I would look at this as a gift, to be honest. MOST child molesters aren't on the registry. It's unlikely that you'll be complacent, and this gives you a chance to learn how to wisely handle reality and not be either totally panicked and fear driven OR "La la la, registry says we're fine, nobody like that would live in OUR neighborhood!" Everyone should have basic security procedures to use in multiple locations, everyone should be talking to their children about...