or Connect

Posts by Tigerchild

We planned to have two children close together. However, what we didn't plan on is that our second fertilized egg decided to split into two. So we had twin MZ boys 17 months after our singleton girl was born. My periods returned 8 weeks postpartum. No kidding. I had one week of no bleeding (the 7th week), and felt the ovulation occuring (I usually can). I was stunned. And yes, DD was exclusively breastfed until she was a year old, and self weaned at around 2.5. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurodactyl However, becoming a SAHM would give me my sanity back, my happiness, my chance to be a good mother to Milo, my ability to take care of the house (dh rarely pitches in). AND, I think I could make a little supplemental income with my sewing and other hobbies. Can I just interject here that you're already a good mother to Milo, and that being a SAHM gives you no more or less a "chance" to do that? I also...
How do these people know how much time you spend online anyway? If it's an online friend and they notice that you are on as much as they are, then I would have to fight the urge to laugh. If they're stalking you or monitoring you somehow, I think I would probably ask them if they're stalkerish much and leave it at that. If it's not interfering with your kids or partner or domestic life, they can go pound sand. You could ask them why they're bored so much that...
Quote: Originally Posted by kathymuggle I am not sure it matters though. Even if every single human being believed in GW, they still might behave as they do now. I think humans are primarily moivated by immediate concerns: the thought of the ice caps melting is not going to stop them from driving 1/4 kilometer, buying cheaper, but more toxic goods, or throwing something in a landfill that should be recylced. Convenience and greed are bigger...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree DD is in an extra-curricular science class right now. A couple of moms lobbied to get their younger children included, on the basis that the kids could manage the work of the class. Well, they can't. The instructors have had to slow things down for them. Their poor behaviour is disruptive to everyone. If the age limits had been enforced, and these kids were in a class appropriate to their age and ability, everyone,...
Yes, I am. I have included it in my will AND my living will as well as notarized letters separately too, because my parents don't believe in it and they think that you shouldn't take anyone off life support ever and I'm afraid that they would make my husband's life hell without irrefutable evidence that the courts could enforce about what I wanted. If I have sustained brain death, I don't want my body unnaturally kept alive unless it's waiting for the organ transplant...
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear The disagreeing isn't as bad as her attitude about it. Two people in a marriage need to be able to discuss things respectfully. It sounds like there is a power disparity here where he is tip-toeing around her temper or moods. And her comments about "homeschooling being for poor people" and similar things make her sound very narrow-minded and judgmental. I don't think you'll be able to find very many...
Why is this all about her? Your brother is willing to dump all his parenting ideals and philosophies so that he can continue to date this person. So if you are offended by anyone, be offended by him. If his feelings are that weak about it, then obviously it's not a priority for him. At least she is willing to stand her ground, and was upfront about her strong feelings. If he chooses to marry her and go along with her wishes, I sure hope that you don't put all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by *~*SewHappyNow*~* That just leads back to the argument, is carbon dioxide a pollutent or simply plant food? Well, I would say what it *really* leads back to is whether we have the scope and diversity of plants that are capable of utilizing the carbon dioxide in the long run. Carbon dioxide is neither simply a plant food OR a pollutant. It is both, and more.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna And there is money to be made by the political entities and businesses that support the belief in global warming and advocate for alternative energy sources too. Someone has to develop, build, market and sell the things we use to harness alternative energy . The argument of money to be made applies to both sides and cannot be used to support or deny either sides arguments. As it happens, I agree. Just...