or Connect

Posts by llamalluv

Quote: Originally Posted by ReadingMama I can see why this information CAN be helpful to those who need it, but I wonder about whether these things are important for every person to know in order to be fully educated. My question about world geography didn't stem from a lack of interest in other cultures. It's a geography question. As a family, we are more interested in other countries and cultures than we are in our American one. But if I want to...
I track expenditures in MS Money and I make our budget in Excel. I don't track the minutiae of our expenses, though. We use cash for food and gasoline, and those are the ones that usually get over or under funded. I used to track food and gasoline in separate cash envelopes, but it just became annoying, so now we just pull $200-300 our of the ATM on payday and use that for everything.
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayaMama fwiw, we are not intentionally poor and i still make too much to qualify for state health care. it sucks. i wish i made $1,000 less per year so my kids could go to the dentist. or that we as a society supported children having dental care. Why would you wish to make LESS money when that is obviously not going to cure your problem? Why not wish you made $2000 or $3000 more and then take your kids to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes Welfare to work isn't about helping working mothers, it's about shaming them and encouraging them to get married or to move back in with family. Anybody who thinks differently hasn't dealt with the system. I see nothing shameful in relying on family in hard times. That's the greater purpose of family, IMO. They should be the first line of defense against homelessness and hunger. Then seek charity. THEN...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlwaysByMySide It's not a different discussion, because the government is spending money. I don't think the rich should get a bailout, anymore than I think people who owe on student loans should get a bailout. Maybe the poor should get a bailout. Maybe the child care subsidy programs in the states that have too many people on the list should get a bailout. Maybe Section 8 should get a bailout. They are expanding...
Quote: Originally Posted by PJJ I did, but there was not a clarification for the BT fee. Thank you. it's right there. You click on a card, and then click on "important disclosures". Like so: http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/credi...%20Type&ec_id= then click "apply now" on the first card: http://www.capitalone.com/creditcard...01_T_CP89105EW Then click "important disclosures": Miscellaneous fees Cash advance fee: 3% of amount of the cash...
I created an account profile in MS Money, and I just track it like it's a checking account. Transactions coming in as income, would be labeled commission or gross income.
Quote: Originally Posted by PJJ thanks for the link... anyone have any links to 0% and no balance transfer fee? TIA Did you not check bankrate? http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/credi...%20Type&ec_id=
Quote: Originally Posted by I~love~pie However the IRS only makes deposits on Friday's, they told me a Tuesday which I understand is to allow for my bank to process before posting to my account. >>> The date mine was listed for being deposited was a Tue Feb 3. It was deposited (with usable funds) Tue Feb 3rd. I believe they INITIATE deposits on Friday - some banks take a long time to process. My husband's paychecks are initiated on Wednesday...
Ours came a few days early, IIRC.