or Connect

Posts by Mama2Dane

Thank you ladies Very much for your stories and links to resources! I have some bad anxiety about taking him back there tomorrow, but at least I'm armed with information to back up how I want my son cared for. I'm actually lucky she wanted to change my son in front of me. If she hadn't, I may have never known that this was happening. He's only been in daycare a few weeks now.   BostonGirl - Saying "sexually assaulting" was too harsh, and I apologize for offending...
So I went to pick up my intact son from daycare today and he was poopy, so this woman insisted on changing him before I took him. I looked away for a moment and when I looked back she had his foreskin partially retracted. She said, "I don't want you to be alarmed, mom, but I can only retract his foreskin this far." To which I responded, "You don't need to retract his foreskin at all, and in fact you shouldn't." This woman, whom I had never met before, proceeded to tell...
Do not use this service. I tried it two weeks in a row and was not impressed. The first week a got a few bad pieces. The second week, I got some bad produce, PLUS I was missing produce. Don't bother with them. They are expensive for no good reason.  
So my son is turning 3 next week. I have had concerns about vaccines since before he was born and have been on the fence about "going all the way" with them. His doctor in Michigan was awesome and I trust her, so when she insisted that we at least do a delayed vax schedule, I gave in a little. DS didn't get very many vaccines and his last one was not quite a year ago. I don't want to do more vaccines yet, but it looks like I need to get DS into a daycare or early school...
That's pretty cool! It doesn't seem like a lot of parents would be able to appreciate that request from their young child. My parents probably would have dubbed it "a phase" and dealt with it for a minute, but deflect the issue with humor.
I love these suggestions! I am having a difficult time with my son as well. It almost seems like he likes being poopy. I work with him on potty training, lose steam, and then we're back to diapers for a week. I wish I could be more consistent with him, but the constant flow of dirty underwear is frustrating to me. I do like the naked approach. That seems to help DS stay mindful of needing to use the potty.  
Ooohh, that's interesting! I am so way overdue anyhow, but the only two I've had were both normal. That's really nice to know for next time.
So I have medicaid until the end of the month (cost of sharing was exceeded early this month because of DH needing to go to the ER). I called a nearby birthing center and FINALLY set up an appointment! Thank you for the suggestions! If I didn't have the medicaid, I would've called Planned Parenthood. Without insurance, the monthly exam at the birth center would cost $150, which is kinda crappy for us.  
Yeah, my husband used to eat mushrooms when he was younger. Recently he tried some again and had a seriously bad trip. He thought he was dying and was so panicked that I had to call an ambulance for him. We think they had a different effect now than when he was in his twenty's because he has some issues with his liver and gall bladder.   I agree about the coke; it just seems like bad news. And I second that teens shouldn't use drugs or alcohol.  I took a psychology class...
From what I have read and seen (sorry I don't have sources), alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana. There has never been one reported death due to smoking weed, and yet there are ridiculous numbers of deaths attributed to alcohol. I would avoid any other drugs, personally, but I think some weed every now and again is fine. My husband believes mushrooms are fine as well, but hallucinogenic mushrooms can be toxic if you take too many or if your body doesn't filter them...