or Connect

Posts by smeisnotapirate

Very cool! Where will you be traveling? Is this your first time? If you need help and resources, please let me know. :)
I've spent a few years trying to clear the clutter. Three kids under 5 and a husband who is an electronics pack rat has made the challenge substantial. Lately, I've been thrilled because we threw all our stuff in storage and moved to Jerusalem with a suitcase each to live for a year. I'm *loving* it. We have a small, 800 sqft two-bedroom apartment for the 5 of us, and we've managed to keep things so wonderfully manageable and constantly clean.   We'll be heading back to...
Thanks to both of you!   SuperMiller, good luck on your upcoming birth! I'm happily done having babies. Springfield is only about 1.5hr away, though, so it's not that bad! We're moving from sunny, Mediterranean Jerusalem, so I'm happy we won't be heading back to Cincy until June. I cannot imagine going from Jerusalem (currently 68 and bright sunshine) to what y'all have.   Irielyn, yay! I'm so glad there are holistic docs in Cincy, and ones people can recommend. What...
Subscribing. I'm not a single mom, but I'm in graduate school and seriously thinking about homeschooling my littles. I love the project idea, and I'm interested in hearing about families where the primary homeschool facilitator is in school full-time. I think the big thing is going to be the record-keeping, though that may work seamlessly with you since you need a certain level of organization for your own personal school work. Unschooling and project-style stuff seems...
Re-joining. Currently in Jerusalem and *loving* the options for modest dress here. All shapes and sizes. I've bought a million scarves and some long skirts and the variety is amazing. I've had lots of fun finding different ways to cover my hair, from minimal (headband/kippah) to full snood/tichel. It's everywhere, and I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of mimicking the styles I see on the street and having easy access to modest styles.   There was a post earlier about...
Hey, all! I'll be moving to Cincy in June. Grew up there and am headed back for graduate school. I am looking for secular homeschooling families, crunchy families, and any and all naturopath/crunchy-friendly doctor recommendations.
Yes, we love the PJ library! I'll also try storyly. Thank you!   Right now, I'm mostly using the language stuff I can find at chinuch.org, but I'm lucky enough that we're in Jerusalem now and my kids have been in an immersive, Hebrew-only gan here. I'm madly brushing up on my Hebrew, but I fear that they're only going to get as good as me and then plateau.   I know TV is great, so I'm collecting lots of YouTube videos and PBS-equivalent Israeli stuff, too. That's...
Hey, all! I'm back from a hiatus from mothering and in a whole different place in life. Toby and Nomi have been in an Israeli (read: all-Hebrew) gan and are loving it! That being said, we have an issue going into next year. We are moving back to the states, and Toby will be the right age for First Grade. We have a few great public magnet school options, but I'm concerned about him retaining his Hebrew fluency without the ability to take Hebrew in the public schools. The...
This is just for observer births, which are stated to be in any capacity: doula, family member, whatever. I'm doing births where I'm catching because my preceptor feels like I'm qualified, and I want those births to count for what they are - assistant births. I just have 9 observer births and need a 10th, and would rather not have a birth that I did a TON more work than just observe have to be bumped in just because I can't find someone to sign off on one of my doula...
By the way, I'm back. Was here on MDC a while ago (before the new format, sooooo... 2 years?) and took time off to reflect on where my life was going. Since then, I've had my third baby and am now a second-year apprentice homebirth midwife. So... yay! I'll be in and out, I'm sure.