or Connect

Posts by momasana

Wow...that must have been some boyfriend! ;-)  I appreciate everyone's responses. When I was younger and more adventurous I may have been excited to take a trip like this (I did many long haul road trips, but never alone).   I guess I have to face the fact that now that I'm older I like things a little more...comfortable?...I don't know if that's the right word. A friend suggested that maybe I wait until spring when the weather is more reliable, there are more hours of...
Would you drive 9 hours by yourself through the middle of nowhere in possible winter weather conditions to visit a friend?   I have never driven more than four hours by myself.  Well, once I drove 16 hours alone but that was following behind someone in a different car so I wasn't really alone.  I'd like to take a trip but I keep worrying that it's too far to go without having someone with me.  My car is in good repair.  Is it foolish/unsafe to go that far alone?
I'll shrug and say "I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you're one of the coolest kids in the world and that's why I have to keep you safe/healthy/well rested/well mannered/whatever"
Have you observed the classroom to see what kind of yelling is going on?   Is the teacher raising her voice to be heard or is she yelling at the children because she cannot control them otherwise?    I would have a problem with a teacher yelling, even if they told my children they weren't yelling at them specifically. To me it indicates lack of control and it is disrespectful to the students.  If a 7th grade teacher yelled now and then I would maybe understand...but a...
My DD really rejects doing #2 on the potty also.  It's frustrating because it is so gross.  I feel like I've tried everything unsuccessfully. I've decided it's too easy for her to go in her pants. As soon as she goes I change her, so really why would she feel motivated to use the pot?  So now instead of changing her right away I make her wait a bit.   And by "wait" I just mean I don't drop my task and rush her to the bathroom but instead finish chopping vegtables or...
 Oh wow...so no parties allowed at all in their belief system?  That's tricky but in this case I agree with your original comment that there isn't a way to meet everyone's needs in that case. I suppose that would be the same as if someone didn't believe in sports and had their children sit out of PE. It would be unreasonable to expect ALL kids to sit of PE if a family didn't believe in it.   A teacher should always be sensitive to a student's beliefs but not to the point...
I want a grill. You know, the diamondy kind you wear on your teeth.   I want it for when I go out for an evening of wine drinking and deep conversation with my girlfriends I can put it on and say "yo, wassup".
 I agree that it is important that children learn that the world will not always cater to their individual needs/tastes/beliefs but I think it is inappropriate to exclude a child in a public school from a party based on religious beliefs (or non-beliefs).  A private school, sure, if they are teaching within a certain faith then cool, do whatever you want.   But in a public school designed to teach children from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds it is...
DH is funded for one more week before furlough. We're crossing our fingers things will be resolved before that time comes.  The primary employer of our town is gov't funded so ~70% of the families in our town will be furloughed. This will hit the others in our town pretty hard because they rely on our business to stay open.  Food service contractors and janitorial workers in DH's facility were let go last week in an effort to save on operational costs.  We at least have...
No lights, door open, don't flush. Yes wash hands.   I usually 'go' two or three times at night and am the first to get up and 'go' in the morning. I don't flush throughout the night but will flush when I go first thing in the morning. It saves water. No one else has to see it.     If I fell asleep on the couch I would definitely brush my teeth before moving to bed. I cannot stand to go to sleep without brushing  my teeth. Even when I've had too much to drink (which...