or Connect

Posts by momasana

My 2.5 yo DD does. not. give. up.    She is the most persistant living creature I have ever known.  It's making me bonkers.   I'm posting today because I hollered at her and feel badly about it. She really got to me and I'm wondering if anyone has a similar child and can offer suggestions on how to not lose one's mind.   Today she was asking for a butterfly clip for her hair. I was cooking and couldn't get it for her right away. She asked for the clip and I told...
I wasn't very emotional when my littles had their early birthdays but felt a tug when DS turned 5. I was having a conversation with him and realized "Oh my gosh, you're FIVE. I've known you for five years....whoa...."  I cried...my baby was FIVE.     And now he's almost SIX. yeesh.
Hi Everyone,    I appreciate everyone's responses and thought I would come back and give an update on my experience.    I ended up taking my trip (5 days total with travel time) and things went great. I had a fun and relaxing time with my sister and took advantage of having a bed all to myself for a few days.   DH kept my children busy and reported that DD never asked to nurse while I was away. He said both kids  asked about me a few times but never seemed...
My son is also shy, though he seems to be warming up a lot faster in recent months. I understand how frustrating it can be when people comment on how shy a child is. DH is introverted and no one ever says things like "Wow, you're a shy one" to him so I don't understand why it is necessary to make those types of comments to a child.   When people mention that my son is shy I usually respond with something along the lines of "he's a keen observer" and give him a...
I agree with the above poster. If children are being hurt you need to continue to call and possibly keep a list of what you/your children have witnessed or heard.    How sad for all the children involved. 
  I've had that thought, too. I don't know if it would be better to wean her before I go or just go cold turkey. I think part of my hesitation is that I'm not certain I want to wean completely, but is it unreasonable to think we could take a 4 day break and pick back up?  Perhaps it would be kinder to wean, even partially, before the trip. I imagine it might be healthier for the breasts, too.
I nursed my DS for 3.5 years and am currently nursing my DD who is 2.5. I nursed all through my pregnancy and tandem nursed for several months. That means I'm going on close to 6 years of non-stop nursing.     I was recently presented with the opportunity to travel out-of-state with my sister for four days. I've never been without my children for more than 6 hours at a time. And even though the idea of being gone for four days is giving me anxiety and making me feel...
DS was 2.5 when I got pregnant with DD.   There were some painful months of nursing during the first trimester and some uncomfortable months during the third trimester but I didn't lose my supply. I tandem nursed for 3 months after DD was born. My DS was helpful at preventing me from getting engorged (he was pleased with the abundant supply!)    Good luck to you and your little ones!
Both of my children have very waxy scalps, especially DS (5 1/2 yo).   I massage olive oil (a LOT of oil) into their scalps, let it sit awhile and then use a comb to scratch up the chunks/flakes (for lack of a better word.....ick).   It works pretty well, though sometimes we have to do 2 or 3 rounds over the course of a fews days to get it all up.  I probably do it once every six months.    It sounds like you're doing the same thing but without success. Are you using...
For a long time we did the "dinner or plain yogurt" option, similar to the cottage cheese plan the previous poster described. I thought he would eventually get tired of yogurt but he never did.   Now we have a two-bite rule. My DS (5 yo) has to take two bites of our meal before he decides he doesn't want it.  Half of the time he decides he likes it (after whining and retching over it just minutes before).     He eats a huge healthy breakfast and a good lunch so I don't...