or Connect

Posts by momasana

DS is five and we've never had any problems.
I nursed my DS until he was 3.5.  I am still nursing DD who recently turned 2.   This past week, seemingly out of the blue, DS has started to ask to nurse again. Always at night and always while I'm nursing DD.  I gently explain to him that he is a big kid now and doesn't nurse any more, and I give him cuddles and offer to let him rub my bare skin for comfort.   Every night he is getting more and more insistent. Last night he was pulling my breast from my shirt,...
My 18 year old self would pass out when she finds out that I live in Texas.  Me...in TEXAS...
I've never officially started a play group, but I did belong to a fun group for about year. With school, moves, and a few life changes our group is no longer what it used to be but that's okay.   We got started when one of the moms planned an activity and invited two of us along. We had an outdoor story-time. The starter mom brought a few themed stories and a related snack. We met at the park and sat on a blanket. Afterwards the kiddos played and the moms talked....
Just wanted to chime in and say that DD also had a mini period. I didn't do anything special or different with her dipes. I washed them as normal and they did not stain.      As a previous poster mentioned, sunning the diapers is the best way to get rid of stains.
I nursed DS through pregnancy. He was 3 at the time and our situation was similar to what you are currently going through.  In the first months of pregnancy it was very irritating because it was painful and because he was SO demanding and wanting to nurse more than he had before I had gotten pregnant.  I suspect the increased need was due to my milk supply dropping and because he sensed at some level that I was now being "shared" with another human being.   As my...
My DD is five and just started kindergarten. He is extremely bright and academically advanced compared to his peers. I suspect he might do well in a gifted program but I'm not in any hurry. Right now he is enjoying meeting new friends (he is fairly shy).     I think the best thing to do is follow your DS's lead and provide him the opportunity to do the things he enjoys, read the books he likes to read, explore the concepts he finds interesting.  If he is in school,...
My DS was 3.5 when I gave birth to my DD. I had  friend come to care for him during the birth. I knew that I would be concerned about how he was dealing with the situation and that would be too big of a distraction in labor. But I also wanted him to be fairly close by so he could come in right after his sister was born.   I put together a bag of activities for my friend to do with him and had offered suggestions of where they could go if they felt the need to get...
We are a cosleeping family!  We've got DD in a sidecar crib, DH and I in the queen-sized bed, and DS in a twin bed pushed up next to our bed on the opposite side from the crib.  Changing sheets is an ordeal (not really) but otherwise it is the perfect set up for us.
My baby is 6 weeks and I am not ready to DTD yet. I am impressed (and a little jealous!) that you girls are already back in the game!  I think it is normal to feel emotional DTD after giving birth and it is okay to honor those feelings.   After DS was born it took me almost a full year before I felt normal and comfortable with sex again. We DTD during that year but I have to admit that it was primarily for DH's benefit. If it were up to me I would have just taken a...