or Connect

Posts by momasana

I had a 20 week anatomy scan for both of my pregnancies. My MWs didn't have a preference either way but I just needed to see my baby and make sure everything was developing the way it was supposed to (as much as can be seen on a US). It helped me to relax a little about all the unknowns of pregnancy, even if it only provided a teensy bit of information.
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole I agree that this is not your fault. Kids fall. Kids who jump over the back of the sofa fall REALLY hard. However, if there were two other mothers in the room who knew I was upstairs nursing my child, I would wonder why no one either told him to stop or got him down when he started jumping. Of course, maybe I'm misunderstanding and it wasn't like he was jumping on the sofa and then started to climb, maybe he...
This whole situation makes my head spin! You would think that without having any twin experience and requesting others attend with her that she would give you a discount not jack up her service fees and forge your contract. Shouldn't she welcome the opportunity for the new experience? Anyway....all other things aside, the idea of charging for phone calls (with on and off peak hours???) and for the use of her lending library is the most ridiculous thing I have ever...
I would feel frustrated too if my midwife did not support my decisions regarding birth. I can understand wanting to seek shadow-care in case you end up being transfered, especially if it is something you have been through before. Is there any way you can sit down and talk with her about the situation, or is that something you have already tried without success?
Quote: Originally Posted by Magali No flu shot here. I've never had one, and don't plan on ever getting one, especially while pregnant. The flu just doesn't seem like enough of a risk to me to warrant a vaccine that doesn't really appear to do much to prevent the flu anyways. As we approach flu season it is a good idea to take extra precautions (hand washing, avoiding germy crowds, continuing to eat well and rest, etc.) but I would not get...
I trust a mama more than a monitor. You know what your body feels like and what it is doing. Don't let that nurse make you second guess yourself or feel bad about what you perceive as happening in your body. If you have a quiet moment just sit and meditate and listen to your body, listen to your baby and focus on what you want/need to do. Hang in there mama, it won't be much longer.
I'm due on the 7th so I'm not overdue yet, but I feel like I am because I have spent this entire pregnancy thinking I was going to deliver this baby early! DS was born a week and a day early, fully cooked, so I just assumed I'm a fast-gestater. It was a silly thing to think because all it did was set me up for antsy days, waiting for this one to come! For the past two weeks I have been achy, crampy, juicy, and having a lot of pelvic pressure. I nested like a...
CherryBomb - I was thinkingof you all last night....any baby news?
Quote: Originally Posted by One_Girl It sounds like she thought that you would watch the kids while she was busy but you didn't have any intention of doing that so I think you should clear up that belief before the next playdate by letting her know that you expect her to keep her kids with her at all times in your home or plan on supervising if a friend isn't able to for a few minutes. Oh that's not the case at all! Of course we all watch the...
It's raining babies around here! Welcome to the world, baby Xander!