or Connect

Posts by momasana

DS is 20 mo and I only recently started to notice that I'm the only mama nursing on the playground (unless I'm with my AP mama friends!) DS is still pretty much bald so he actually looks a lot younger than he is. I've notice a couple of strangers glance at us and I usually just smile at them. I have several friends who either don't have children or didn't nurse/weaned early and I don't think twice about nursing in front of them. I think they know me well enough to...
Hee hee...sounds like me! I'm wearing black and pink yoga pants A sweatshirt that says BOULDER in red and green plaid letters (that I "stole" from my Grandma of all people!) Purple flowered socks A pony tail Chapstick I haven't showered in three days (ewwwwwww......) My DS is 20 months old and I'm planning to paint his playroom tonight when he's sleeping which means I can justify not showering again because I'll probably get paint in my hair. Happy...
I always smile and nod at people passing by. I really appreciate when others do the same. It makes the world a smilier place. If I am jogging, I always say "hello" or "good morning/evening" to other joggers I pass by. I even smile and nod at shady looking folk. For one, not all shady looking people are actually shady and could probably use some acknowledgement, and two, shady people who are actually shady are less likely to do shady-stuff to you if you demonstrate...
Thanks for all of the supportive comments and suggestions. DS is 20 mo today! I finally turned his seat around last week. Mostly because I thought it would be easier to get him to sit down if he didn't have the leverage of pushing his feet against the back of the seat. Now instead of pushing his feet against the seat he just arches his back and goes completely rigid so I can't buckle him! It feels awful to have to push down on his lap and force him to sit, but I...
So recently getting into the carseat is the absolute worst thing in the world for my DS. He does the whole arched back thing, legs kicking, pulls my hair, yanks my clothes, cries his poor little heart out, etc. I try to talk him through it, remind him that car seats are the law and Mommy wants him to be safe, and we’ll be home in no time, yadda yadda yadda. I try to distract him with toys or snacks (he throws them down). Sometimes I'll calm him down and nurse him and...
My nipples always feel sore for a few days during my cycle (it came back 7 mo pp). So I bet that combined with a changing latch (due to teething) is probably what is making you sore. Hopefully they will feel back to normal in a couple of days. Thrush sucks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have it again. Ugh.
Quote: Originally Posted by jlovesl Good for you and how wonderful for your baby that you are still BF. And when someone asks say " I'll stop when you stop wondering when I'm going to stop". That's what I used to tell my parents when they asked when I was going to marry my now DH. And then when they asked when we were planning to have a baby. I think I'm going to use this line for weaning too. Awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by mybabysmama 10 or 20 years from now, what difference will it make whether you had new or old jeans today? In 10 or 20 years, what difference will it make that your child's brain had the benefit of having a consistent, loving caregiver? In 10 or 20 years, which memories will you cherish most--buying new jeans or lying in bed watching your child sleep? :
I agree with the previous poster about taking a class. I have done the same thing. The local University has a lot of great informal classes, and your parks and rec might offer something too. Most of the classes are inexpensive and often times you can find a few that are free. It's nice to have something on the schedule for yourself that takes priority. Not priority over your children's needs of course, but priority in the schedule. Taking a class gives me something...
DS loves his soccer ball! We've invented many different games to play, plus he loves to just kick it around and chase after it. It's a great energry burner!