or Connect

Posts by furfeet

awesome! I requested to join the waldorfcurriculum and waldorf supplies yahoo groups. I don't see the free curriculum stuff on waldorfcurriculum, but I do see they have more content available for $5/month. Do you know what that's about and if it might be worth it? seasons of joy looks beautiful but seems to be a little young for my 6yr old, might be great for my 3yr old though. The more I see of waldorf the more I fall in love with it.
I used to work in a Montessori and I've been looking into Waldorf for my son. Here are the main differences I've noticed: they are both dependent on a carefully planned environment, but the environment is very different in each. Montessori is very academic. The main goal in the early years is to get the child to develop self discipline. There is no imaginative play, it is not earth-centered. The child is given an individual lesson on how to use the "work" in the...
thank you! I just checked it out and I know my son would LOVE to do that, I let him try some of the sample online lesson/game type things on k12 and he asks to do them again a few times a week! Honestly I think the cartoons are a little annoying...I'm kinda looking for something with an off-computer component but I could maybe afford the $20/month just to make sure we have the basics covered, or in the beginning before I can get stuff planned. And I know if he ever got...
I was planning to go with k12 but our district doesn't release students to it and I can't afford to buy the private option I don't necessarily need to have an all in one thing but I don't know how to find and piece together programs and make a cohesive curriculum that we'll actually want to do.... I have pretty much no time to plan for it either, we have to start right away.
ETA: I think a wonderful (although completely contradictory) blend for us would be the time4learning with waldorf supplementation. I would just spring for the oak meadow curriculum but we can barely afford the $20 for time4learning. So I'd like to cover my bases with the time4learning and then bring in the artsy/craftsy/hands-on type stuff of waldorf... anyone have ideas for how I'd go about doing that? original post: I just came from the homeschooling resources...
anyone up for doing something this weekend? Looks like it'll be warm... maybe rainy...
stephenie- I wouldn't worry too much about the lining things up, ds2 does that all the time and he has no issues whatsoever. I understand the feeling of having to keep an eye out for new "symptoms" though. ds1 has chewed his fingers/toes and nails since he was 3 but doesn't actually hurt himself. His shirts are another matter, he chews holes in them. Even at almost 7yrs old he still puts everything in his mouth. Sasha I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now....
I'm so happy to find this thread!! I've been trying to get help for my 6yr. old ds for years but until this year nobody has even acknowledged there is anything "wrong" with him. He's always been on target developmentally so it's always "oh he'll grow out of xyz he's fine don't worry so much." this year his new teacher immediately recognized he has sensory issues. I just spoke with her and she now thinks he may be on the autism spectrum as well. We've had meetings with...
Thank you!!
shy mamas club lol I'm there! I would be up for meeting at either place, that sounds wonderful. I might be able to get everyone rounded up for a swim tonight too. We had a huge chunk of tree come down in the wind the other night and we've been sawing that up today so it just depends how exhausted we are! Warm water sounds good...