or Connect

Posts by furfeet

Just thought I'd throw this out there- my dd had a stubborn rash and my mw said it looked like yeast. Very surprising to me since she didn't have diaper rash or thrush like my boys did. Anyway I wiped her face/head/neck (where the rash was) with water that had a little vinegar in it for a couple days and presto the rash cleared right up. The dilute vinegar didn't bother her so it might be worth a try, can't hurt!
I'm so in the same boat as you. Maybe it would be easier to meet somewhere like the kid's museum? Or maybe just chat online for a while? We moved here right before dd was born so I'd welcome a chance to get to know other mamas, especially those who understand how hard it can be to meet new people!
babies technically do cry in the womb, you can see it with the "4D" ultrasounds. But no, you can not hear the sound until they're out in the air.
hi there! Dr. Dzubay is a ped. at peace health, takes OHP (and new patients) and she is cool with delayed/selective vax. I've only had to take ds to see her once but was very happy with her. good luck!
hi there! I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago... I may not be much of a help for some of your questions because I'm just figuring things out myself, but I wanted to offer the support I can. I'm seeing Colleen Forbes, she is awesome and took me in at about your stage. Anita Rojas at Sacred Waters was highly recommended to me, as was another midwife I forgot but could find contact info if you're interested. Saturday market is wonderful but expensive, I'd...
thanks all for the thoughts to mull over... I was getting pretty pumped up until dh and I had another conversation about it. He pretty much came right out and said he doesn't think I'm a good enough mom to deal with ds all day, let alone teach him and help him grow into a well adjusted person. (he doesn't think he's a "good enough" parent to take it on either) His perspective is that if we keep him there it will force him to learn to deal with being in the situation....
thanks for the vote of confidence!! ds2 and I stayed for a while at school this morning just to observe and it made me sad. it was music time and I asked ds1 to go sit with the other kids (a gym full of 1-5th graders and he was not paying attention in the least. All he was doing was leaning over talking to all the kids around him, it's like he had no idea there were songs and stuff going on. So his teacher told him he could sit by me on the bleachers and he just sat...
good idea michelle... i feel kinda silly doing it but it's worth a try. we've never really seriously talked about names before we see the baby, but for some reason this time we've been faster about it. Maybe because it's our last baby and only girl. Maybe when she's out it will be more clear to us. the boys know her name is not yet officially Mira, and usually when they say baby Mira I say "or baby Ruby?" or something like that. ds2 also calls her baby bumblebee and...
argh I should have mentioned, Ann is the middle name that runs in the family so we don't want to break that tradition. And I don't think dh would go for 2 middle names.
We had a meeting with DS1's teacher this morning... I'm so overwhelmed and disappointed. DS is the type of kid where everything is magnified 10x and it's hard for him to process all that's coming in. We've long believed he has a sensory processing disorder, but it seemed to be getting better every year. He did well in montessori the past two years and we were SO excited for him to start 1st grade at the school he's in now. It's just not working though. He's in a...