or Connect

Posts by furfeet

So my husband is set on one name and I'm kinda undecided, kinda set on another. There is a lot of background information I need to explain before I get to the names though! Kinda strange, mystical stuff I had a miscarriage last October, and the night before it actually started I had a "dream" of my Grandmother, who was like a mother to me and who passed away 5 years ago. In the dream she appeared to me, in my room, as a spirit. She took the spirit of my child to...
I read them both the same, but I think Wylie is on the cutesy side and Wiley would grow with him better. My kids have unusual names so we tried to make the spelling as straightforward as possible, to avoid compounding the issue if that makes sense.
to convince ds1 to move to his own room when we moved recently, we bought a loft bed with a slide and tent thing that goes around the bottom. We put a mattress underneath for ds2 but he's not interested. Hopefull he will be soon though ds1 would have freaked with a tall bunk but the short loft is really comfy and safe feeling for him.
I can not believe the psych evaluation thing... seriously wtf. have you considered acupuncture induction? it worked for me, I went in 2 days in a row and labor started after my appt. on day 2.
ok for another opinion- In the latter part of my 1st pg I developed low iron, low platelets, anemia, etc. and was told to get some liquid chlorophyll caplets (I found mine at the grocery, they're sometimes marketed for colostomy bag odor among other things) and take 2 every night with a glass of purple grape juice. I did it just for giggles, not expecting anything and my blood quality (the previously "low" things I mentioned) shot up to above normal within 2 weeks. It was...
hey- you're not a crappy mom, you are a great mom! You know that you need sleep to function and care for your kids properly, and your dd also needs sleep. I know it's hard to see our kids get mad, especially with the nursing issue. Just remember this is like any other thing you need to say no about, it's just harder. You know this is what is best for both of you, and you're not traumatizing her any more than you do when you have to say no to something else she really wants...
now I know this is not what you want to hear, but I've heard this so many times.... just put the potty away, don't talk about it or ask him about it. It's become a power struggle and no matter how much you hate it you can't force him to use the toilet. Try bringing the potty out again in a week or so, just low key and let him get interested in it himself. Just make it a non-issue. did you try cool underwear? You may not like this idea either but if you think he's at the...
now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a science-y type show about attraction... how we can actually smell who is a good genetic match for us. And breaking down visual attraction and why we have that "type" we're attracted to. That takes some of the magic out of it for sure but I guess they're all pieces of the puzzle. ok so what kind of degree do I need to make a lifelong study of human attraction
I would say if you want a beefy baby eat lots of protein in the 3rd tri. In general, tiny bodies do have a harder time with the cold, although any baby has a hard time regulating body temp. I'd rather have a beefy baby than a teeny one in the middle of winter though. with #1 I was a strict vegetarian and my midwives put me on a very strict very high protein diet, limited sugar and dairy. They had me eating at least 80g a day, and I just checked and current...
yeah I think that's the intriguing part about it- how you can look into someone's eyes and just instantly KNOW you are compatible. It's like having a glimpse into something that's going on at a way deeper and more mysterious level than we normally experience... it's completely awesome. my point isn't to ask for advice on how to deal with it or what other people think is good for a marriage, I'm trying to develop a better understanding of what IT is and why IT happens......