or Connect

Posts by furfeet

I had my tonsils out a couple months ago, they say it's much easier for kids than adults. I also remember them saying no ice cream or dairy for the first day because it's mucous producing and can cause more swallowing problems. My advice is this: Really really really push water/ice intake, give him pain meds on time even if it means waking him up to take them and drink some water (waking up with dry throat and no pain meds SUCKS!! I set my alarm through the night to...
I've had a lot of experience with doctors (and butting heads with doctors) and I can tell you it is completely normal to feel upset after an experience like this. We are brought up to respect doctors and listen to them and believe they always know what's best. I found out the hard way that it's a bunch of bull. I have been lectured by doctors and it used to hurt. Now I tell them to stick it. I am a very shy, reserved person so it was a long hard road but good doctors...
uh yeah, right after "relaxing" bath time!! The nudity adds a whole new dimension to the spectacle
OMG I was just listening to a show on NPR about this! Some guy wrote a book about how the idea of "natural skill" is just bunk, and it's the "regular" kids who work long and hard who eventually become great. He did in depth studies and found this to be true time and time again. Wish I could remember the name of the book...
when we're cleaning up for a house showing, the boys are restricted to peeing outside they'd much rather do that anyway! I swore that if this baby was another boy I would be installing a urinal. They sell a little "Peter Potty" at Target I'm still thinking about getting. We only have one small bathroom so with 3 guys in the house it gets bad! Can't wait to get a house where I can have a ladies room!
I did! No regrets either. I was about 6 months pg with ds1 and we went to the courthouse on our christmas vacation. I just wore a nice maternity top and maternity cargo pants... we're sooo not into weddings... the lady who married us was very nice, very reverent about the whole thing and everyone ended up crying (in a good way). My bil and sil waited until after their first was born to have their wedding. As I mentioned before, I think the whole wedding thing is...
I was just looking for my hypnobirthing book, I bought it for my last pregnancy, but I ended up having a miscarriage and the book got thrown into a box somewhere. I found the cd but it's pretty scratched up That's a good idea though, I'll try to get that started today. the nursery and stuff is for me, this is my last chance and I know I would regret never doing any of the "baby stuff" and satisfying that desire for myself dh is a CNA and he's applying for jobs, we...
haha "inexpensive" and eugene don't seem to mix we actually started looking into buying when we realized we couldn't afford renting the amount of house we'd need. I guess I do have to remember to have faith... it's just getting harder and harder to live in limbo. Maybe it would help to set some sort of date where if the house isn't sold we will decide to just stay or try to make the move anyway. I can't decide on which midwife to contact, and I don't know if I should...
Oh and Jeremy Piven jokes aside, you would have symptoms if you had toxic mercury levels. Generally nervous system problems... you'd notice it.
You can do a hair test to figure out your mercury levels. Greenpeace was sponsoring some kind of project a while back where they were giving out tests at cost, which was about $25 a piece (half regular price.) I tested myself (my teeth are full of amalgam fillings, I eat fish, etc) and my two boys, and we were all fine. DS1 was the only one with detectable amounts of mercury, and it was barely detectable at that. Not sure if they're still doing the program but you can...