or Connect

Posts by furfeet

I wouldn't fudge. You can refuse induction, you can not convince a midwife to attend your birth if you go into labor "early" say, before the 37 week mark? You could go into labor at 38-39 weeks and if you fudge a couple weeks it could put you into the preterm category. Just something to think about.... also you'll feel a lot better being honest and upfront with your midwife about your fears and concerns. fwiw, I went into labor with #2 (a vbac) a full 2 weeks and 3 days...
I went 2 weeks over with my first son, was induced, ended up with a c/s. (long difficult labor, 12lb. baby) with ds2 I went into labor on his due date and had a VBAC. Every pregnancy is different, every woman and baby is different. I don't think there's ever an "always" or certainty when birth is involved
I know so many things are out there that can harm us but try not to worry! That was such a small amount and only one time. Here's some info from the national toxicology program: "the results available so far indicate that low-level mercury exposure from eating fish during pregnancy shows no harmful effect." http://cerhr.niehs.nih.gov/common/mercury.html (CTR F pregnancy) Something that always helps to ease my mind is remembering that if the baby is seriously harmed...
so.. don't really know where to start but I'm really needing some support right now... I'm currently 21 weeks along and I'm completely overwhelmed with life right now. We're trying to sell our house and move from WI to eugene OR, where we are looking for a house but don't have the money to buy until our current house sells (IF it does) so we have to keep our house spotless and dh and I both have to spend so much time on unfinished projects it we're neglecting our boys (6...
thanks for the replies, just saw them there! I am somewhat undecided about Waldorf, I initially thought it would be great for ds but after doing some research I'm kinda weirded out by it. I contacted the Family School and it sounds like a perfect fit- anyone have any experience with it?
I do 100% of the nighttime parenting, but just because dh is a zombie at night and it's pretty easy with baby in the bed. DH gets up early, and when he's up it's his job. I think you need to flat out tell your bf that if he's up, it's his job. You are miserable because he's not doing his part. I'd also suggest to him that he should make sure to prepare what he'll need (thaw some milk every evening, get a bottle ready, etc.) so he doesn't have to interrupt his video games...
I'm in desperate need of advice here, I'm hoping some Eugene mamas can offer me some insights! We are planning to move to Eugene in August. I know I missed the cutoff date for the school lotteries so DS will need to attend 1st grad at a neighborhood school. The thing is, he's been in Montessori for the past 2 years and loves the freedom, and I'm really nervous about how he's going to handle the transition to a regular public school. I'm also picky with schools and...
Desiree- I just started taking zoloft due to anticipated PPD (25 mg, will increase to 50 when the headache goes away!) and from what I've read and heard, this is such a low dose (pg women sometimes go on up to 200mg) it is not a real threat to the baby. However the SSRI's "can" cause respiratory issues for the newborn so I think you should try to stay on as low a dose you can... if 25 works for you that's great.
Quote: Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen You have to take abx for the whole pregnancy for the tick from the other day??? oh no sorry, that wasn't me the other day... I've been on abx. for 8 months already. CalaRei is on 10 days I think, which should for sure take care of anything one of the big wood ticks might be carrying!
I always drink the Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy Tea from on (was recommended early in my 1st pregnancy) which has RRL... it hasn't caused me problems but I did always wait till the 2nd tri. to drink the straight RRL. I spotted with my first and he was born a healthy 12lbs. so rest assured spotting can be just ok! (but I do hope everyone's spotting has stopped and stays away!) I'm also taking the Rainbow Light "Just Once" prenatals, they have ginger which I hoped...