or Connect

Posts by lilkat

Here's me at 30w2d.
Another way to know if your babe might be hungry is your breasts. I was amazed with my daughter how every couple of hours my breasts would suddenly get tingly and tight, usually about 2 minutes before DD started showing signs of hunger. It was literally like an alarm going off!   It is truly incredible how in sync your body and your baby become when you've formed a strong attachment.
I haven't heard yet, either. I'm ten weeks today, but I haven't had my first mw appt yet. I'm going to see her on Friday, but we're not doing doppler, so I probably won't hear a heartbeat for another month or two! It's hard to wait, but I don't see any compelling reason to do an ultrasound or doppler. I can wait for the fetoscope...
My midwife Rachel Knudson matches most of your criteria. She is extremely gentle and encouraging, and trusting of women's bodies and the birth process. She is comfortable declining any of the tests you want, including GD and GBS. She will not do any internal exams unless you ask for one, or there's some issue and she thinks you need one, in which case she'd discuss it with you and make sure you agree. She generally does not bring an assistant along. Her current rate is...
Cross-posted in FyT for local recommendations, but I figure I'd look here for general advice, too.   With my first I was planning a home birth, but ended up at transferring when I developed pre-e at 38 weeks. I got all my pre-natal care from my DE midwife, so when I got sick I didn't have a pre-existing relationship with an OB and I just got whoever was on call. The nurses at the hospital were great, but the OBs I saw (all four during my 3 day labor) were indifferent...
Hey, all. I'm pregnant with my second and looking for some advice.   With my first I was planning a home birth, but ended up at Woodwinds when I developed pre-e at 38 weeks. I got all my pre-natal care from my DE midwife, so when I got sick I didn't have a pre-existing relationship with an OB and I just got whoever was on call. The nurses at Woodwinds were great, but the OBs I saw (all four during my 3 day labor) were indifferent at best and preachy at...
Yay! BEST sound in the world :D
Don't feel bad. I did the same thing on Tuesday, then stayed home all day Wednesday, too. I kept feeling so guilty and weak, just like you're describing. But then last night my nausea lifted for a while and I realized just how TERRIBLE I'd been feeling. I felt SO GOOD last night, it made me really realize just how badly I'd been suffering before. So I don't feel at all guilty any more. My ms was just awful, so I needed some down time; nothing to be ashamed...
I started feeling a little better yesterday; still not great, but at least I was able to get out of bed today. Thanks for all the sympathy.     Kiyla - I work for a very small software company. Our main product is a web application for paramedic and EMT education (study tools, tests, clinical tracking and scheduling, etc.). I'm a programmer, so I can work from home if I need to, although it's better for me to be in the office. What do you do?
My symptoms were pretty manageable until yesterday. Super-sniffer, fatigue, insomnia, low-grade nausea, easily out of breath. Then yesterday I puked all day long. Eight times. I couldn't keep anything down. Called my mw this morning and she gave me some suggestions. Today has been better, partially because I worked from home. Ugh. I can't keep doing this indefinitely, though...  I had similar symptoms (though not as much vomiting) with DD, but they didn't kick in until...