or Connect

Posts by tracijune

DDC from May to say that Vitamin D deficiency can give you the same exhaustion as low iron. My iron levels were ok (not super high, but above the line) but my D was really low. I've felt much better since upping my dosage of that. My midwives included that on my blood work at my request. Have a great last trimester! Traci
I'm currently 8 months pregnant and working with the midwives at OU. If you are looking for someone who is very supportive of a natural birth as well as very hands off, I would go with Dusty at the same OU practice. As for the Norman midwives, I have not heard stellar things about that group, nor the hospital there. Definitely contact the radical moms and the La Leche League to get additional feedback as I've only been here a year. Good luck with your move and...
I'm right there with you! My first ultrasound showed a baby who was supposedly about as week larger than they though she should be. I knew when I DTD and when I ovulated. I threw such a fit (tears, even!) with the ultrasound doc that they just assigned me the date that went with my LMP giving me several extra days of wiggle room on my due date (my date is May 18th, theirs is May 22nd so this is good for me, particularly as this is a VBAC). Of course now I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by sostinkinhappy I envy all of your mamas who can do so much without being in debilitating pain! My version "over doing it" consists of doing laundry AND making dinner in the same day. I am not a lounger/lay-about-and-do-nothing kind of gal, but at this point, I am lucky to get out of bed, showered, and get a wee bit of house work done before I have to go lay back down for the rest of the morning. My girlie bits are so...
You can actually call hypnobabies and get a used set for around $80. They're great about getting you new disks if the used ones don't work. Hooray for discounts! Traci
I've been having BH contractions throughout this pregnancy (second for me). I didn't have anything even approximating BH in the last pregnancy until the very end - after 40 weeks. I'm at 30 weeks and have noticed a big increase in my BH, particularly when tired or stressed. My midwife has told me not to worry too much unless they get regular (like 6 in an hour) or keep going for long periods of time. She also suggested I take it easy when I start having them - lie...
I've been diagnosed with SPD and had very similar symptoms to yours. One month I was working out regularly, cleaning the house and cooking, and able to roll around in bed with no problem. The next month I couldn't roll over without pain, couldn't stand for long periods, and FORGET about walking for any length of time. And my pain was definitely in my pubic bone - right in the middle. I also had low back pain/spasm and knots in my glutes from some piriformus problems....
Thanks so much for the alphamom link. I haven't laughed that hard in a loooooong time!
What has worked for me, amazingly well I might add, is small light meals (cup of lentil soup w/ 1 slice toast, 3 cups of smoothie, 1/2 pb and J w/ cup of fruit, etc) throughout the day. I eat 8-10 times per day. It helps keep my blood sugar even and keeps the worst of the reflux at bay. If I start to have symptoms I take one Tums and if it gets really bad, I eat ice cream. I've also eliminated lots of foods - fried stuff, tomatoes, citrus, coffee, chocolate (mostly...
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! We're going to check these out today! Traci