or Connect

Posts by boysrus

wow, thank you for posting that. I agree with you, those statements are stereotyping. And I do know some wonderfully creative public school children who have their own identity and are clsoe to their family. And completely is a word that automatically stereotypes, isn't it?
Practice this word with me NO Say it again NO Now say it to your friend. You are under no obligation to throw anyone a baby shower. Especially someone who you aren't even close to.
I am sorry that you feeled persecuted in this forum. I don't think that anybody on this forum blames the good teachers. However, there is no way to guarantee that a child will get a good teacher. When I say that children are not allowed freedom to use the bathroom, the outdoors, or cough drops; I am not blaming the teacher, I am saying it is a system that doesn't work for me. I don't think that teachers have any contorl over it, and I understand why schools have those...
I would love to hear what misconceptions we are holding. Please post them nomadmom, I actually do to. My OP is really a negative for me. Usually, when people ask me why I homeschool, I tell them because it is the most efficient way for them to learn. If they press further, I will explain that my oldest son has asperger syndrome, has read at a college level since he was about 8, cannot write in a legible print, wear a suit and tie and speaks witha British accent...
In 2001, I had a car repo'ed. I bought the car for $13,000 (including interest) and after the sale, I owed maybe $2500. I ignored the rest for a while, then it got sold to a nasty credit place, and then it got sold to a "nice" credit place, so we made some payments to them. It has been sold to another company. This company moved the account back onto my credit report so it is showing as a new debt. I went on credit boards, and wrote them the letter that is recommended...
About a year and a half ago, my ds said he was hearing voices in his head. He was abuot 8 at the time. He ped said that some kids hear voices and it is not always cause for worry. She said to try to keep a dialogue open to see if the voices ever try to make him do bad things or hurt himself. But, she did say that if the voices continued for a few months, we should have him get a psych eval, just in case. My son's went away. We had watched A Beautiful Mind (the John...
I think this thread belongs here. I never go to FYT either. However, i hope it can stay in supportive mode. Ruthla, I am sorry to hear that. Does your town have Park and Rec camps? Would you be open to that? They usually have scholarship money.
If you have gone to school for a year, I would just not worry about it. They can't really ask for transcripts from you, they can't
Quote: Originally Posted by Eris There shouldn't BE a box to check that says how you qualify- you need only say whether you are using a certificated person to supervise or not (most people are not). http://www.washhomeschool.org/WhoDec...of_Intent.html And yeah, you only need about a year of post-secondary education (either parent), or have taken a parent qualifying course. Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about the qualifying courses,...
I remember, one day when I was young. There was a family that lived right next door to the school where I went. One of the kids was sick, so he stayed home that day. The boy was playing outside while everyone else was in school! Our teacher opened the window and said hello to the mom, who was outside as well (the school was that close to their yard!) and the mom said, "It is nicer outside than it is inside right now, so I figured he could play outside. OH the envy I had!