or Connect

Posts by Jannah6

Quote: Originally Posted by NaturalMama311 FWIW, I asked my doctor about the possibility of delayed cord clamping for my c-section but they would not consider it. Their reasoning was that they would have to have me 'opened up' much longer and the risk of infection was too great so it was not an option. Maybe different doctors or hospitals have different policies so I wish you the best. Also I just received this email today! Dear CBR...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce Try Church Avenue (yeah, I know, that's pretty vague ). But at least part of it is just south of Prospect Park and has a lot of good food in the vicinity ... if it's still there, there's a diner-ish, budget-friendly *I think* Bengali place with good food ... Jinuk, Jhinuk, Jihnuk ... something like that, anyway. Sorry, it's been a good long time since I've been in NY, and I know Queens a little better than...
Shane love the pic,you SUPER MOMMA!
"i'm just confused why you would bank it instead of letting it flow into your baby after the birth?" I like so many others was not familiar with delayed cord cutting. If you read my other postings you'll see that I said that I'll look into cord banking & lotus. I'm having a C/S and have to see if delayed cord cutting will be allowed.
Looks like most of the postings will be about nursing
Quote: Originally Posted by mamalisa Ds was born a few weeks before Christmas and was the first child in our group of friends. We were visiting them Christmas Eve and one of the guys (23, young and knowing nothing about babies) came over while I was nursing ds and kissed him on the head and said something about how sweet he was sleeping. I said he was eating and man, you've never seen a guy run so fast. His mom was dying about his fear of a food boob...
Quote: Originally Posted by UmmBnB YUM, Bengali food!! I'm going to NYC the first weekend in Dec. to hang with a girlfriend and take a break from life - no husband, no kids, just me and a little vacation! She lives in Brooklyn (Prospect Park-ish). Any other recommendations for great food? I'm not sure about the Prospect Park area. How will you be traveling around with your friend? There is this Yemeni restaurant on Atlantic Ave, I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by hapersmion One possibility that hasn't been mentioned is delayed clamping AND collecting cord blood. That's what we did - for donation, not for banking. (Banking is expensive and we have no particular reason to think we'll need it.) I did think it was important for DS to get all his cord blood, so we waited until the cord stopped pulsing before clamping and cutting it. That does decrease your chances of getting enough to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsSoup I've just started waddling, mostly because of my sciatica, but its so annoying. Me too
My thoughts, there was a time when children who weren't Caucasian weren't able to find dolls of their ethnicity. My children are biracial, AA/White and I used to buy my DD's only AA dolls. Now if I can't find one I will buy a doll that looks Caucasian.