or Connect

Posts by sibilant

Cross-posting from http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1389466/submitting-religious-exemption-form-for-daycare-for-under-vaccinated-child in hopes of getting a response.    My younger son is 18 months and about to start daycare in Massachusetts. He has been vaccinated on a slower schedule, but will be caught up in the next couple of years. The daycare asks for a form from his doctor (about his general health, lead test results, etc.) and also vaccine information. When...
The DCP runs a licensed daycare and has to submit certain forms to some official organization, state-run, I assume. Just moved and have spotty internet access, but would still very much love any thoughts on this dilemma. My husband suggested submitting everything, and if asked (which he claims we won't be) to say that the religious beliefs are mine, and that my husband does not share them and has the kid vaccinated whenever he gets the opportunity. Hence the spotty...
(I just found out about the Massachusetts Immunization Information System, which I hadn't known about and so of course hadn't opted out of. Does it change anything? Exhausting.)
My younger son is 18 months and about to start daycare in Massachusetts. He has been vaccinated on a slower schedule, but will be caught up in the next couple of years. The daycare asks for a form from his doctor (about his general health, lead test results, etc.) and also vaccine information. When my first child was starting daycare, the doctor's office gave me two separate pieces of paper: one for the general health and one for the vaccines; I sent the first to the...
Are you still meeting? I have a 7-week-old and would love to join. I couldn't come tomorrow (my four-year-old is home with what is likely chicken pox), but hopefully next week. But I can't tell which park -- the link isn't working for me. Thanks! 
Thanks, wendizbaby! -- reading the reviews on Amazon now.   It's a little pricier and fancier than I was hoping (the temperature thing and the LED screen is a minus for me), but it does have the batteries for both sides, which is awesome.    Does it really have a voice-activation mode, or is it just good with suppressing static? One of the reviewers mentions something that he/she describes as a white noise (who are we kidding? it's probably a she) rather than...
How silly of me --- I missed these responses earlier!    The cosleeper is some kind of Arm's Reach: a hand-me-down, so I'm not entirely sure what kind. I don't think there's anything chemical-free about it. The mattress label says 40% nylon and 40% polyurethane.    talia rose, is polyethelene better than nylon or polyurethane? Also, the mattress is removable, so maybe I don't need wrap if I'm going to make my own... But the mattress does provide a stiff...
I'd like to buy a simple inexpensive baby monitor with two key features: I want to be able to set it on "voice activation" mode, where the receiver is completely silent --- not even static --- unless there are sounds near the transmitter. And I'd like to have the option of having the transmitter --- as well as the receiver, of course --- be battery-operated, to use while camping or in a car, etc.  Does anyone have any recommendations for such a thing? I definitely...
I'm expecting my second child within the next month, and would like to have him sleep on some kind of chemical-free mattress.   Our first child slept in a variety of places in our room until he was about a year old, maybe a month or two in each place -- our bed (unfortunately uncomfortable for us), a moses basket, a stroller bassinet, a non-standardly-sized wooden cradle, some blankets on the floor between our bed and the wall, etc. He never had a proper crib, and we...
I'd like to buy a twin mattress for my son; he's on the top bunk so that the mattress has to be on the slim side. I've been looking at the options on Pure-Rest (for example, http://www.purerest.com/Mattresses/Gemini-Mattresses) as well as Organic Baby, which I think maybe has the same mattress quite a bit cheaper (http://organicgrace.com/taxonomy/term/110) -- about $950 vs. $750, though it's a little hard to decipher if the mattresses are really the same.   Anyhow,...