or Connect

Posts by Snapdragon

yes I had a whole reply discussing differnet approaches and different life experiences and family values that might make it so one family felt it was a bad message to offer a reward of sweets in exchange for eating the dinner whereas another might feel it was totally fine-- but then I found I would be getting too deep into a discussion/argument defending that and it made me feel tired so I deleted it! Bottom line- in my family and with my beliefs it feels okay to tell my...
--
I don't think bribing is that bad of an idea, but disclaimer I am a first time parent of a three yr old and learning as I go. My 3.5 year old is really picky right now too. . We say- the standard- you havr to have 6 pieces of broccoli and then you can have a frozen yogurt popsicle. Just in the past few weeks dh and I have ben trying to enforce it more- he still gets the sweet thing but at least he will eat the healthy thng s first. I thin parenting Is not a perfect art!...
I Love Hanna andersson! Yes their pjs are great-- I think mostly they are organic cotton. I think hanna anderrson is the best kids clothes I have found.
thank you for the suggestions. Is anyone else bugged by talking animals? I am not rigid about it by any means it is just something I have noticed since becoming a mom-- I think it is because I am somewhat of a literal person so when I find I am teaching my 3 yr old about the world, and he is justlearning about animals I find it confusing (in books too) if they are animals that act like people.  Of course I grew up ith plenty of animals as people stories and it never...
when ds was a baby we gave him acetametaphine maybe 2 or 3 times before doing a lot of reading about it and learning it is actually kinda dangerous. Since then we have occasionally given him children's ibuprofen for small things. We don't give it often. I was just reading some things confirming that acetametaphine is really bad (so why do they even make it for kids?) and it got me wondering if there are things I should know about ibuprofen too? Is it safe to occasionally...
our library has  a tiny dvd section! I have Netflix though--- I am okay wth talking cars. I can even come around to talking animals as long as it is a good show--
I need to know what some good easy going movies/shows are that I can get on dvd for my 3 and a 1/2 yr old to watch sometimes.   We barely do tv/dvd's. But I think it is good sometimes!   Right now the only ones I have found that I like are Calliou and Shawn the train (which I can only find online not on a dvd?)   I don't really like animal ones where the animals are people-like. I guess this limits me a lot! I don't mind characters like muppets and so forth but when...
we are choosing a new wood flooring for our house. I am wondering if anyone has a specific type of wood flooring that they like? I have looked at a lot and am still undecided!   The only aspect I am undecided is what type of wood. Such as white oak, maple, birch, beech, ash, others. Anyone want to tell me which wood you would put in if you could put in a new wood floor?
I am sorry you had such a hard experience. I wanted to share that I had a c section and I feel  at peace with it, for what it is worth. I was also  sure I would have a natural easy labor- I was not scared of birth, and somehow I wasn't even really letting myself be aware of any dangers around birth. I thought if I thought positively about it it would be just fine. I ended up needing a c section- and maybe this is part of why I feel peace about it, because in my case I...