or Connect

Posts by Snapdragon

yes! When I had my baby a few yrs ago I had some sore back issues as a complication from the birth. When I could finally wear him my favorite carrier was the babyhawk mei tei.  I tried those forward facing baby bjorn ones where the baby faces outward and it put WAY too much pressure on my back. The mei tei was the most comfortable and the baby faces towards the person wearing them- so their weight kind of leans in to you instead of extra stressing out the back. Also the...
thanks-! He is definitely progressing but just resistant to pooping in the pottt still- stubborn three yr old won't sit on it even with books-- we are getting better though and really I think once he starts preschool and sees that all his classmates poop in the potty he will have less resistance
and today he is totally resisting the toilet again-! argh.
Random pooping in the potty success today!   Ds had been trying for a couple of days and willing to sit on the toilet and try but it was long times and nothing was happening and it led to two days of not pooping. Then we backed off for two days and did diapers again.   Then today he was playing at his grandma's house (with dh there and not me) and was just in underwear,( and clothes- I just mean no diaper- he never wears a diaper anymore in the day) playing...
 little by little as he gets bigger I think he is getting it. I think it just feels uncomfortable for him. At least he is willing to try now. wrote an update but it felt like tmi so deleted it!
Slight progress- last night and today he tried for a good while to sit on the big toilet and poop- no success yet but at least he is willing to try!
I know- it is funny because he is so smart- he totally gets it-- I wonder if he feels like a diaper is cleaner than the toilet like it contains the poop? He doesn't really watch tv. He actually likes to stand up and do puzzles at the low table while pooping in his diaper. Like he likes to relax in that way I guess. I tried giving him various toys and distractions on the toilet but he just won't do it! MEanwhile peeing he is 100% perfect- no accidents ever. We still put a...
Thanks for the suggestion! He is3 yrs and 5 months and STILL pooping in his diaper :( much to my dismay!   I just got him a "motorcycle potty" today- he likes to ride pretend motorcycles-- and he is riding around it. But not pooping in it.   I thought I would lay a diaper down on it open so he could poop on the open diaper but he wouldn't do it.   I have tired to get him to poop in his diaper in the bathroom but he won't.   ugh.   I try telling him...
RE: c section scar-- I had a body worker tell me how to do it- basically get some kind of body oil ( I use almond oil with a little rose essential oil in it) and put it on your hands. Rub scar from one end to the other, starting from different places. You can use your whole hand fingers or palm, whatever feels good- for just three minutes a day or so. She showed me how to do it but I think any way you do it is fine- just keeps the area supple and breaks up the scar...
Also being around your child a lot-- It is only when I am alone with my husband that I can even get into feeling sexy mode-- when I am with my kid I feel in mom mode and those two aspects of myself feel very separate and I like to keep them separate.  I think when our child is older we will have more time just the two of us and then we can enter back into that way of being together more. I think there are cycles in relationships and times for different aspect of us to be...