or Connect

Posts by DaffyDaphne

Quote: Originally Posted by mrskennedy Yes, I know. :g Would you feel comfortable telling him off? I mean, I know he's your DH, but it's YOUR birth, not his. I'd tell mine off, though I know not everyone would. In any case, I feel bad for you... And did this doula/mw lie to you? Sounds like she did, as you first said she was a doula, then she said she's really an mw. Ask your DH if he wants a lying woman at your birth? Hopefully he'll say no and that'll...
This is the most depressing thread I've read in a very long time.
Quote: Originally Posted by angilyn Well, it is hard to be in my shoes. Cycle, I do think you went into attack mode. We are getting my SS into therapy and his mom is just like I said, and probably worse. I don't come on the site to lie, I come here for support. If my SS doesn't like me that is actually ok with me and I understand. He has been brainwashed and is being emotionally abused on a daily basis. I am asking you, Cycle, to please look up parental...
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle Before everyone jumps to conclusions take a step back, I know as a mother (not a stepmother) I may be the enemy here but take it easy. Wow. Again? Most people in this folder here are mothers AND stepmothers. Quote: Originally Posted by cycle I wasn't implying that she was lying, but there are two sides to every story and I am sure that the mother's story is vastly different than angilyn's...
Quote: Originally Posted by norajane Maybe she was a stepchild once, or maybe her partner remarried. Maybe she had stepchildren once. However, even if there was nothing 'blended' about her family, she would still be welcome to this forum. That's why I'm asking, I don't know what her experience is in blended families.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle Trust me, at 13 he knows. He is very confused, probably tortured emotionally if what you are saying is true. He may be acting out of fear, obligation or loyalty, but he sees through it all. Why is his father not pushing for him to be in therapy? If the situation is as you say he is going to be a very confused and probably angry young man - he already is. He is going to look at his father and wonder why he didn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by angilyn For background please go to my post on Manipulation City because now we are enduring the fall out from that. Yesterday bm called to say unless I (the step mom) pick child up from school there will be no visitation for his father that evening. She wants to go to an early dinner with boyfriend and doesn't want to wait at house for husband. Now, she didn't ask nicely just gave this ultimatum. I was willing to drive there...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobybunny No, they talked about him in that she should not expect him to be there for her, as he was not there for them. As for sex abuse, I really do not think he is the one that would do that. I am more worried about the other children in the household. Their bio and step dad is in prison for sex crimes, and my former spouse will not share with me why. He says he needs to protect his children and it is not my...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristaN We've been looking at the local version for us (CITY through Rocky Mountain Talent Search). Other than the cost to participate in the summer programs, my two biggest concerns are whether the summer programming would just feel like more school and whether the kids who participate are gifted or just high achievers. Dd#1 had a few kids in her class last year who took the tests through talent search and they were...
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse I would urge you to strongly consider asking for a complete grade skip, as opposed to pulling out and going to another class for one or two subjects. I'm speaking from personal experience here - getting pulled out of class constantly is really hard socially. I strongly disagree. Grade skipping (imo) is a last-resort effort. Talk about hard socially! (Also, being an attachment mama, I really don't want my...