or Connect

Posts by dabblersupreme

I caleed - they use Ultravist. If you could look it up for me that would be great. Thanks!
does anyone have experience with a CT scan w/contrast? my doctor recommended i refrain from nursing (my daughter is 16 months old) for a few days but other sources have said it's fine to nurse.
thank you everyone. after my birthing experience, i think i will always feel a combination of foolish, stubborn, lucky and grateful when i look at my children.  and i think i will always get a little teary- eyed speaking about birth because there are few (at least in my circle) more dedicated to the notion of natural birth. i thank you all for your kind words.   i leave you with a few pictures:   on the left is my son at a few weeks, and on the right is his...
i never posted much but did keep up with this community all throughout my pregnancy. my plan was for a home VBAC. no complications in pregnancy. i went unto labor at exactly 41weeks. baby girl arrived 6/23. 7 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches long. my story below. i am still emotional about the way my birth went, and probably always will be to some degree. but i thought it might help to share. this is from the email i sent out to certain people (not the masses, who mostly just care...
just wanted to update that the long 6-7 week wait (with torturous worries creeping in) finally passed, and all looked good in my follow-up ultrasound! this time the tech made sure i had a very full bladder for the sono, and she said the wall looked thick, no sign of thinness/weakness. yay! serendipitously enough, my mom *just* found out that i'm planning a homebirth, and i am much more ready to discuss the issue now that i don't have the black cloud hanging over my head....
interesting. well, they didn't knock me out!    
i had an unplanned c-section, but it wasn't an emergency. meaning, there was probably 30 minutes or more between when my midwife suggested we go that route and when i was in the OR on the table. they had time to give me a spinal, so no general anesthesia for me. i have no issues with needles (apart from being in no way interested in interventions or a c-section), and i was aware for the entire procedure. it was weird because i just felt a general tugging and prodding of...
i was tossing around the notion of buying some solarveil fabric and fashioning a wrap (it may not be beuatiful, but it will be functional - the moby-like wraps are one long piece of fabric, pretty much). but, i just stumbled acrosss this http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/917648/solarveil-fabric very old news, aparently, but it's been discontinued.  i may go for a breezy open weave fabric and try that.  
i have a loveyduds wrap, and it is basically a decorated moby. i am looking forwward to using it with a smaller child (i only got it when my son was 6 months old or older), and am hoping i can breastfeed in it, but it is pretty hot, as there's a lot of fabric involved. plus it's brown :) mine is the cotton version, not the bamboo, but i think you should look for a wrap or a sling made of solarveil (sp?) if you are worried about the summer heat.  
i feel kinda guilty that the only crafting i've been doing is for gifts for others kids' birthdays, but i knit many baby sweaters when i was pregnant with my son. they are gender neutral because we didn't find out the sex in advance, and since we're not finding out the sex this time either, i  think i will hold tight. if it turns out that i have a girl this time, i may knit a little dress. i love http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTanouk.html. i am dabblersupreme on...